Seat belt laws in W.A

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Tyson
State: WA

Seat belt laws in W.A

Post by Tyson »

G'day guys, just thought I'd share this with you, since it took me so long to get an answer, it may save u a half hour phone call... I decided to check with the Dept of transport what the laws were on seatbelts in cars that never had seatbelts fitted from factory. I did this because someone had tried fitting seatbelts to my car some time it he past, but the job was never completed properly, and i wasnt happy with them, so I wanted to know if they had to be there by law before taking what was left of them back out.

According to Dept Of Transport WA, "if a car came from factory without seatbelts, it still doesn't need seatbelts fitted".

I understand modification to engine etc. has a BIG bearing on the seatbelt law, but for the "stock jock" like me, apparently that's the go. :thumbsup:

This is what I've been made to understand anyway, if you're unsure maybe check yourself before you take my word for it. :D
"You win some, you learn some"
NoMAD

Re: Seat belt laws in W.A

Post by NoMAD »

TYson,

i was under the impression that once a car had been fitted with belts (even a car that didn't have them from factory) then they must be retained.

in saying that i still don't understand why people don't have them fitted of safer anyway especially if kids ride in the car

cheers
Nathan
FB/EK Holden Car Club of W.A. Inc
Foundation Member
Tyson

Re: Seat belt laws in W.A

Post by Tyson »

Hi Nathan, that's what I thought would be the case, it seems logic. And that's why I checked with DOTWA, but they told the above so that's what I'm running with at the moment. :o

Once my car gets a rebuild it will be getting them for sure.

Cheers,
Tyson
"You win some, you learn some"