Seat belt webbing - advice on colour

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

puddes
State: NOT ENTERED

Seat belt webbing - advice on colour

Post by puddes »

Advice appreciated.

I have purchased some airplane-style buckles and I am looking to have the webbing done either through Seat Belt solutions (in Perth) or Tysons (Milperra) as listed in the Suppliers and Services post.

I emailed Seat Belt Solutions and they have been very responsive but they have asked for a photo of the trim to help them to match the webbing colour as close as possible. Problem is that I am overseas for a few more weeks (and would like to get the belts done asap) but I don't have pictures readily available to pass on to them.

I am hoping that someone on the forum has been down this path before with either of the companies concerned and might be able to offer me some advice as to what colour I need to ask for.

The trim code number on the ute is 529-984
The paint code is 585-0115.

I understand based off past threads that the paint color goes by the name of Wedgewood Blue and that the trim code might go by the name of 'Gnome blue and/or Madison Grey'?

At this stage I haven't made a decision on the supplier so happy to hear of any recent experience members might have had with either.

Thanks in advance
Trev

Re: Seat belt webbing - advice on colour

Post by Trev »

I would be careful trying to match colours, if they are out a bit they may look "not rite".
Maybe try a darker or lighter blue to give a bit of contrast.
Just my thoughts, Trev.
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
iso007

Re: Seat belt webbing - advice on colour

Post by iso007 »

The only thing I can tell you is that tysons at milperra went bust about 3 years ago. A mate of mine was a manager there so I had a car stored in the back of their warehouse. I just got it out in time. I don't think they started up again anywhere.
Regards Ian