Chassis kit

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

iso007
State: NOT ENTERED

Chassis kit

Post by iso007 »

I have just fitted my crs chassis kit to the ek, so now I am an expert in this field. I will field questions for no charge from this moment on. Very easy to fit. With the motor out and the front end out it only takes a day. I have also welded the auto tunnel back in that I cut out, unaware that it was an auto tunnel until mick shone the light on my stupidity. Now ready for the triple webber 186 with 5 speed box that I picked up from Corowa a few months back. Is that the light at the end of the tunnel I see?
Woo hoo!
Ian
fasteddyfc

Re: Chassis kit

Post by fasteddyfc »

I'm about to fit one to my fc ute, but I'm not expecting it to be easy with my skills!
iso007

Re: Chassis kit

Post by iso007 »

The only welding is at the spring shackle thingamy and the reinforcing plates where the front end connects to the chassis. You need to buy a right angle still attachment ( $19.00 From bunnings). I've been welding for 40 years but for the skill level required on a modern mig I am sure you could
Do it easily. You just have to learn how to set that mig right and ensure the steel is clean with no grease or oil on it. When all else fails, grinding wheels are very cheap, and then there is paint to hide Anything you can't grind out. Listen to me, I am starting to sound like an expert.
Ian