How low can i go?

Includes shock absorbers, springs and steering linkages.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

VooDoo
State: VIC

How low can i go?

Post by VooDoo »

Quick question for those of you who have been there n' done that.. I'm running stock 13", at stock height, so how low can i drop her before i get scrapin and scrubin?
I've heard different things, so wondering what others here have done and experienced with this.
Los Locos C.C.
http://www.facebook.com/loslocos.carclub
Devilrod
State: VIC

Re: How low can i go?

Post by Devilrod »

All the way down to the bumpstops... If you like a harsh ride :twisted: :twisted:

The biggest factor to how low though is what hangs underneath? If everything is tucked up close to the body and doesn't hang below the sills you can drop it till the sills are at the 100mm limit.

Mine has'nt scraped on anything yet and it sits at a good height. No idea how much its dropped though as i was given the HR forntend springs and all.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Thommo
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Thommo »

With an original front end and stock wheels, it will go lower than practical at the front.
I've cut bump stops in half, which gave me about 1/2" clearance on the stops.
Ended up bending a lower wishbone.

On the rear, the tailshaft that will rub on the floor / rear of trans tunnel hump.
This will require stops drastically reduced or tossed aside altogether.

HR front ends have high chassis mounting pads which limit coolness.

Cheers
Jeff
EKjimmy

Post by EKjimmy »

Mine is as low as you can go - drives like an old landcruiser - crap. Keeps you on your toes when driving
13" wheels and 185/65 tyres (i think? from memory) Kingpin front end on bumpstops, diff on 2" blocks and the springs look like they're either sagged or reset :lol:
Only things that scrape is the muffler going over the tops of steep ramps in car parks, and the end of the exhaust pipe as mine sticks out from the bumper a bit.
If you did a bit of creative thinking and put some sort of heat shield under the floor you could bring the exhaust closer to the floor and you would probably clear just about anything.
I can still even drive my car up gutters when I have to without scraping.
'The best engine in the world is a vagina. It can be started with only one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes it's own oil every four weeks. It is a pity that the management system is so f*$king temperamental.'
FATBOY

Post by FATBOY »

my old ek ute had dropped spindles with two inch lower springs with a coil cut off and rear springs lowered 2inchs with 2 inch blocks running 185 x 75 13inch tires .drove pretty good no scrapes wasnt to harsh a ride ask mini he drove it and was supprised how comfortable it was

regards fatboy