EK wagon- advice PLEASE!! Photos added

Looking for a new daily driver, the next project, or maybe a parts car? try here first...

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Grimbo

Re: EK wagon- advice PLEASE!! Photos added

Post by Grimbo »

From the ebay listing pics it looks like it has rust in the drivers side rear quarter behind the spat. The sills also look a bit suspect.

Go and have a really good look in person at all the places outlined in the link put up by Trev. Nearly all rust is fixable but at what cost time and money is what you have to factor in.

Don't be blinded by your excitement, I have been caught a couple of times. I was to keen to buy a car because I really wanted it, rather than taking the time to really look and think and weigh it all up, purchase price + repairs + time + unforseen = $$$$$$$$$$$

Unfortunately you don't seem to get much FB EK for your $$$ these days, but in saying that there are some good ones still out there, you just have look hard and be patient. I reckon the pink sedan in our members for sale is a good thing.

Cheers
Sam
DeadElvis
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by DeadElvis »

I have listened to my head and not my heart and have not progressed this ........dont have the time or budget to deal with the rust at this point in time...
Kicking it old school
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

I thnk i looked at this car a couple of years ago. Give me a call. 0413766501
Cal

Post by Cal »

DeadElvis wrote:I have listened to my head and not my heart and have not progressed this ........dont have the time or budget to deal with the rust at this point in time...

What you can buy for what sort of money is going to be a never ending argument :silent:, though I'm guessing your expectatiions might be a bit optimistic.

15 grand or slightly under will get you something with little to no rust. 7 to 8 grand probably won't. Though it shouldn't get you a bucket of rust either (not refering to the pink wagon)