what does what weight

Post original documentation here

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

ekstevo
State: VIC

what does what weight

Post by ekstevo »

I was wondering buy how much I'm changing the weight of the ek by if it weighed approx 1130 kilos from factory the grey motor and Hydromatic weighed ? A blue 202 and trimatic weighs? the original bango diff weighed?
anyone any good on specs
then I've changed the the member to a hr member and put hq wheels on it. trying to have a guess at what I've changed by what.
what would I guess for a weight?
BILLY BLACKARROW
State: NSW

Re: what does what weight

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

That is a fare question as that would change a lot of the spec's come rego time
Billy :arrow:
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Easy enough to get an answer to, head on down to a weigh bridge before rego.
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

I recon it would be stuff all change.
I have often wondered if you stick a V8 in one do they go on the original weight or the after mods weight?
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

The weight used for V8 conversions varies depending on the state your in.

In NSW, the weight used is the original (unmodified) ‘tare weight’ of the sedan version of the vehicle model fitted with the largest engine available for the model but without optional accessories such as air conditioning and tow bar. From the Workshop manuals, this would be 2494lbs for an FB Standard Sedan, 2473lb for an FB Special Sedan, 2605lb for an FB Standard Station Sedan, 2627lb for an FB Special Station Sedan, 2559lb for an FB Panelvan, 2479lb for an FB Utility, 2471lb for an EK Standard Sedan, 2490lb for an EK Special Sedan, 2587 for an EK Standard Station Sedan, 2606lb for an EK Special Station Sedan, 2511lb for an EK Panelvan and 2452lb for an EK Utility.

For NCOP states (VIC, WA, NT, ACT), the mass of the vehicle is the original (unmodified) tare mass of the model vehicle fitted with the largest engine available for the model in Australia but without optional accessories (air conditioning, tow bars etc.). The mass of the vehicle, whether it is a sedan, station wagon, utility, etc., should be based on the heaviest sedan version of the model (not station wagon version) sold in Australia. From the Workshop manuals, this would be 2494lbs for an FB Standard Sedan, 2473lb for an FB Special Sedan, 2471lb for an EK Standard Sedan and 2490lb for an EK Special Sedan.

For QLD, tabulated specifications are used up to 202ci, then the weight used is the original (unmodified) ‘tare' mass of the vehicle fitted with the largest engine available for the model but without optional accessories (air conditioning, tow bar etc). The mas of the vehicle should be based on the heaviest sedan version of the model (not station wagon version). From the Workshop manuals, this would be 2494lbs for an FB Standard Sedan, 2473lb for an FB Special Sedan, 2471lb for an EK Standard Sedan and 2490lb for an EK Special Sedan.

I understand that tare mass (sometimes referred to as curb weight) is with the weight of the vehicle with standard equipment, oil, coolant, a full tank of fuel but with no passengers or cargo. Some people have found that their local rego authorities have an (unpublished) table of these weights "behind the counter" that is referred to when registering a modified vehicle.

For what it's worth, a used crashbox, without oil, clutch or flywheel, weighs approximately 27kg.

Cheers,
Harv.
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.