HR Control arm bushes

Includes shock absorbers, springs and steering linkages.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

wolf3881
State: NOT ENTERED

HR Control arm bushes

Post by wolf3881 »

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem.
I am putting new control arm bushes into a rebuilt HR front end and can't get them all of them up to the required torque 60lb.
Manual says to replace with over size tried all the usual places, not available.
Does anyone know where I can get them or if and how I can repair arms?

Thanks

Wolf
Wolf's 62 EK
fingers
State: VIC

Re: HR Control arm bushes

Post by fingers »

Hey wolf there is a special tool needed to space out the wishbone to tension it up to the right tension ........ http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-DISC-FRO ... e3a...Hope this is what you meant mate ....Fingers
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
wolf3881

Post by wolf3881 »

Thanks fingers,
It’s not the alignment; I know the spacers/ tools (Holden special tool number) you’re talking about.
Having gone back to the manual again can anyone tell me should the bush screw fully home into the control arm, and then have a min of 60lb
or are they as some of mine have hit 60lb before getting fully home, and do I just have to screw these fully home ??
Cheers
Wolf
Wolf's 62 EK
fingers
State: VIC

Post by fingers »

wolf3881 wrote:Thanks fingers,
It’s not the alignment; I know the spacers/ tools (Holden special tool number) you’re talking about.
Having gone back to the manual again can anyone tell me should the bush screw fully home into the control arm, and then have a min of 60lb
or are they as some of mine have hit 60lb before getting fully home, and do I just have to screw these fully home ??
Cheers
Wolf
**********************************************************************************************************************************
hey mate .......what i,m talking about is a spacer tool that goes between your control arm and the front end ...not the camber/caster spacers.....it stops the control arm being pulled to the front end ..in other words there is a specified gap between the control arm and the frontend the spacer tool keeps that distance while you tension up control arm bush to 60 lb and the bush will be home flush ...you then remove the spacer tool.....Fingers 0409253202 give me a call maybe i can explain it better mate
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
wolf3881

Post by wolf3881 »

Thanks Fingers,

That’s solved my problem,Cheers
Would you or anyone have the width of the spacers upper and lower?
As I don’t want to pay big bucks around $100 on e-bay for something I can make my self , just need the widths.

Thanks Wolf
Wolf's 62 EK
premeh

Post by premeh »

hi , did you get any answers to the question you raised about spacer tools dimensions ... as i am in the same position wanting to make tools to do the job . thanks , Art.