My Nationals trip

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: My Nationals trip

Post by Blacky »

When I lived in Kalgoorlie hitting roos and bush chooks was a pretty regular occurance , I put a set of shu roos on the front of me ute and didn't hit one until they fell off , then I started hitting them again. It might have been a coincidence but for $7 a pair why not take the punt ???
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

Well if we have 12 or so cars going we could split the cost and put them on the car that will be leading :thumbsup: , thats just over 59 cents each :lol:
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

Blacky wrote:When I lived in Kalgoorlie hitting roos and bush chooks was a pretty regular occurance , I put a set of shu roos on the front of me ute and didn't hit one until they fell off , then I started hitting them again. It might have been a coincidence but for $7 a pair why not take the punt ???
on the other side of that i know someone that put some on there car and hit a roo that night :shock: :lol: but they weren't the cheap whistle type ones and for a few bucks i don't think it can hurt, i think a noisey car has the same effect
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

I know I'll close my vent window going through that section and let it whistle! No? :mrgreen:
Trev

Post by Trev »

Maybe I shouldn't have replaced my quarter vent rubbers :shock:
minifb

Post by minifb »

I can almost taste the beers now
FB/EKForum member 123
ImageWoofto Car Club Member No4

IF ITS NOT CHOPPED IT MAY ASWELL BE RESTORED

Member FB-EK Holden Car Club of NSW Inc.
Trev

Post by Trev »

minifb wrote:I can almost taste the beers now
You probably are :thumbsup:
igor
State: SA

Post by igor »

won't be long before beers around the fire drums folk...
30 sleeps :clap:
minifb

Post by minifb »

igor wrote:won't be long before beers around the fire drums folk...
30 sleeps :clap:
MMMMMMMM my two favorite things...
FB/EKForum member 123
ImageWoofto Car Club Member No4

IF ITS NOT CHOPPED IT MAY ASWELL BE RESTORED

Member FB-EK Holden Car Club of NSW Inc.
rosco

Post by rosco »

Hate to have to tell you this, folk - but when we hit the 'roo coming out of Yamba - we had two of the chrome plated shoers fitted....
Perhaps the 'roo we hit was deaf...?
Will be fitting bigger ones for this trip, though.....
frats,
Rosoc
V8EK4us

Post by V8EK4us »

rosco wrote:Hate to have to tell you this, folk - but when we hit the 'roo coming out of Yamba - we had two of the chrome plated shoers fitted....
Perhaps the 'roo we hit was deaf...?
Will be fitting bigger ones for this trip, though.....
frats,
Rosoc
Must drive faster Rosco... get the wind going through them to make a noise ...... :wink: :wink: :wink:
rosco

Post by rosco »

Good suggestion, Garry - sadly we only had a littel 6 cylinder in ours..... but it was obviously fast enough to catch the 'roo crossing the road....

Might need to consider coming over to Mt. G in a vehicle with an "8" - like yours this time, Garry..... will that be fast enough to get the "shoer's" working..?
I believe you'll get there first, let me know if yours keep them away...or, if I see you go past - might just try and sneak into your 'slip.... please keep out of the stones if I do.....

Just bye the by - we have almost set out our agenda for the trip over - the return trip is "out there" at the moment.

Leave here on Thursday via (almost) Geelong and Hamilton then down to Portland for the night. Make a leisurely run from Portland via the coast to Mt. G - arriving just after lunch on Friday.... we've booked into the Central CP..... anyone else in that park?
We realise we simply carry too much stuff to fit in the allocated space at the motel.... so, as we have done on many occasions - staying at the CP - sorry, folk - just call us "outsiders"....

This park has cabins for those who are interested.

frats,
Rosco
igor

Post by igor »

Morning Rosco and all travellers
I spoke to the Central Caravan park where you are staying some time ago and at that stage I was told that there were 8 cabins booked by people coming to the nationals. :thumbsup:
So you shouldn't be"lonely" :wink:
cheers
Lesley
V8EK4us

Post by V8EK4us »

rosco wrote:Good suggestion, Garry - sadly we only had a littel 6 cylinder in ours..... but it was obviously fast enough to catch the 'roo crossing the road....

Might need to consider coming over to Mt. G in a vehicle with an "8" - like yours this time, Garry..... will that be fast enough to get the "shoer's" working..?
I believe you'll get there first, let me know if yours keep them away...or, if I see you go past - might just try and sneak into your 'slip.... please keep out of the stones if I do.....
frats,
Rosco
Sorry Rosco but the Black Beast will not be there....... it has moved to greener pastures.....long story but will fill you in at the Nats. If we pass you it will be because you are parked because we are driving a thumpin' grey also!! Will be great to finally meet you in person Rosco.
igor

Post by igor »

Hi folk,
an update on accommodation for those who have not booked yet.
Jubilee Motor Inn (08 87257444) still have a few rooms left. Tell them you are here for the fb-ek nationals and they will look after you. :thumbsup:
Kalganyi caravan park have a few ensuite rooms left (reasonably priced) (08 87230220)
Tower Motor Inn (08 87249411) still has a few rooms available.
Central caravan park is booked out. :(
Just putting this out there as each place I have contacted this morning have said that the accommodation is starting to fill up and will do so come next week.
Hope this helps.
cheers
Lesley