Weathered signage on FB/EK door

Show off your artwork, drawings, photoshop, scale models, arty photography here… FB EK preferred…

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

hewey
State: NOT ENTERED

Weathered signage on FB/EK door

Post by hewey »

This was posted by Mark Bailey on ozrodders, he and his brother are both awesome signwriters and kustom kulture artists from Victoria who go by the name 'the Bailey Boys'. Well worth checking out their stuff if you ever see it.
Bails wrote: Just finished painting local garage before xmas been going since 1954,Did this as a gift for the owner,I found the door out back of the garage
Cal

Re: Weathered signage on FB/EK door

Post by Cal »

So the signwriring on the door was done recently?

Looks like it's been their for years
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

Very talented bunch 'o' boys!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
hewey

Post by hewey »

Yes, all the signwriting/logo/panel pinstripe is all brand new. And knowing those guys its been hand painted by brush.
RobinGi
State: VIC

Post by RobinGi »

suggestion not criticism

the phone number should be 7 digits not 8 digits for that era.
but i love the look of it, is the surface rust painted or real ?

EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

What's the go on that red FB ute Robin?, I know that car from the earliest days of the vic FB/EK Club.

Paul K
RobinGi
State: VIC

Post by RobinGi »

Had too many beers one night and put a rediculosity low bid on it and won it (one of thoes oh shit what have i done moments)
picked it up from baccus marsh area, currently rebuilding a EK sedan at the moment so the UTE sitting under the carport in the back yard, the gearbox had reverse gear had stripped so i put a 2nd hand reverse idler gear assembly so i could drive it around the back yard & i've pulled off the chrome work to have it rechromed, thats where its currently at.

robbyr owned the vehicle at some stage in its history, quote from previous thread
i was very surprised to see the old girl again, you see i use to own that ute about 13 years ago, i brought it from a guy in watchem in vic, the cops had just put a canary on it when i brought it, i had it for about a year then i gave it to my dad who sold it to a bloke in saint arnaud. i presume that is where you got it from. and i have to say it hasnt changed very much at all. i am spewing i got rid of it now i could have used it for bits for my van.......the original owner brought it new and took it to the states with him when he went many years ago.
I'd like to keep it original but it didn't come with any guards and dont know how i'd go matching the faded look on the existing paintwork or just go with a patchwork like like harrys186 van but i dont think vicroads would register it that way
hewey

Post by hewey »

The modern phone number was a deliberate choice by the artist. Apparently the artist is going to be doing a bunch of similar aged signage for the workshop, so it will match these.
EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

The bloke who owned this car at one time was a foundation member of the FB?EK Holden Club of Vic
Here is a pic of it on our first run to Arthurs seat in Vic on 13th March 1988.

He did house demolition for a living, hence his sign on the back.

I'm careful not to slander anyone on a public forum.
Let's just say that the club and him did not see eye to eye and he left. This happened whilst I was the 1st pres.
I still keep in touch with several original members and this person gets mentioned by them from time to time!

Any comments he may have made about what he had done with the car - well, make your own mind up on that.

Paul K
Attachments
Arthurs Seat
Arthurs Seat
13.03.1988.jpg (152.29 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
62purpleek

Post by 62purpleek »

he is a car with it done