1929 Buick (at a B&B)

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

hewey
State: NOT ENTERED

1929 Buick (at a B&B)

Post by hewey »

Over Christmas we stayed in Wagga to visit some relos. We stayed at Dunn's B&B, and they've got a restored '29 Buick which they use to drive their guests around. Gorgeous old car, comfy as to sit in. Amazingly the main body is still original paint! It was a rare model used for officials or an embassy or something, so it's lived a very pampered life.

We got a ride down the main street in it. Drove really nice and appeared easy to drive, though the timber frame was squeaking the whole time :lol:

More info on Dunn's - well reccomended if you're staying in Wagga :thumbsup:
http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Rev ... Wales.html
61FBspecial

Re: 1929 Buick (at a B&B)

Post by 61FBspecial »

There seems to be quite a concentration of these really early cars in the Wagga Wagga area. I have been to a rally for the past few years held over the Queens Birthday long weekend, the town is full of them that weekend!
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

I like your Buick better, Timbo...more "of the common man" than that pampered wagon. :wink:

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
WayneXG95
State: NSW

Post by WayneXG95 »

SunnyTim wrote:looks really nice but doubt itsm1929 paintwork. she's had a full resto at some stage
I tend to agree with Tim, nothing special about it, looks like a model 47/116 5 passenger 4 door sedan with a Holden body.
Same as the 1929 Chev.

8) through

Cheers
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W