May not be of interest to all I know.....

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

61FBspecial
State: NOT ENTERED

May not be of interest to all I know.....

Post by 61FBspecial »

I bet your Mum or your Gran probably owned one of these. My Nan bought one brand new, so did a great Uncle and Aunt of mine (in the same colour) that's why I remember them.

So, seen as I can no longer afford an early Holden, I have branched out into older Japanese cars.

I have owned a 1969 Mazda 1500 deluxe sedan for a couple of years now - plenty of work going on there and alas no pics yet, very hard to get parts for...

So in the mean time, I stumbled across this 1981 Corolla KE55, Ivory Glow in colour, One Owner, no rust at all, just in need of a minor detail - with just over 100k on the clock.

The fragile old lady who owned it, who had not driven it in 3 years and kept it in a carpeted garage in her villa, gave instructions to her daughter to sell it to someone who would look after it, she sadly passed away 2 weeks after I bought it.

So here is 'Grace' named in honour of her owner of 30 years-

Trev

Re: May not be of interest to all I know.....

Post by Trev »

That would be the most original corolla I've seen, nice score :thumbsup: .

It really gets up my nose when I hear that you can't afford an old Holden any more, there are too many advertised at ridiculous price putting them out of reach for the average bloke that just wants one to own and enjoy :evil: :evil: :evil: , no good at all!!!!! :thumbsdown:
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
61FBspecial

Post by 61FBspecial »

Thanks Trev,

Yes, if I had the nerve I would advertise this little rolla for 10 grand (way way more than its worth) just to artificially boost up market values, just like FB and EK's :shh:
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

you guys :lol: i think i did warn you'se :ewink:

i had a real clean one of those years ago same colour to, it went a little better than the 4k ........... had a 186 trimatic in it :shock: :lol:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

Nice car. The japers will have their day in the sun dont worry about that. Especially unmolested ones.

Six months ago i bought a 73 ta 22 celica in a similar condition to your car. 82000 kms. Granny spec
Factory air too.

I Also have also a 66 mazda 1000 coupe, datsun 1200 coupe, 1600 wagon, and a ae 82 corrolla twin cam. All one owner cars.
I Especially like driving the twin cam corrolla. Just the best thrash car ever made.
Cal

Post by Cal »

Man, that Corolla is mint :shock: :shock: . We used to own the model after it ('83 or '84), and it was a wonderful little car. There's a group of guys I see at Harry's Pies Liverpool from time to time with some nice late '60's / early '70's Toyota's. Real nice, with venetians and whitewalls and all that stuff.

I think you can still find a decent old Holden for not a lot of money. The days of finding a mint, original FX to HR for 5 or 6 grand are gone, unfortunately . Though look at EK Dreamer's EK that sold a few months back. The thing was immaculate, and went for mid 11 grand. I also know of a few other top condition FB/EK's that have sold for roughly the same amount recently

You just need to be patient :thumbsup:
browny

Post by browny »

that rolla is the best one i ever seen
my daily is a mazda 1000 ute with a 1300 and 5 speed
my70wg

Post by my70wg »

this is my mates rolla panno. not to bad for a daily and gets him to sydney and back everyday.

the roof has a blue flake in it.

aidan...
i'll get there....
61FBspecial

Post by 61FBspecial »

Wow, I haven't seen a decent Maz 1000 ute for a while!

And the KE36! Nice!