Road Trip from Melb 2000 mile round trip

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EKfanPaul2
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Road Trip from Melb 2000 mile round trip

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

Thanks Guys,
Tracy and I love road trips. Done 5 in the USA.

Bill & Ann, Nick & Dave, Tracy and I were happy to stop on the way and make the journey an adventure rather than belting through. Jeff & Gerard were with us on a fair part of the way home.

Jeff is a character, he would belt ahead of us so he could turn off the highway and go through each town waving and tooting his horn at locals - then catch up to us.

cheers!

Paul K
Attachments
Fredos Pies Fredrickton NSW 50 odd kinds of various meat pies! This shop is amazing! Near Taree.
Fredos Pies Fredrickton NSW 50 odd kinds of various meat pies! This shop is amazing! Near Taree.
Fredo Pies Fredrickton 2.jpg (134.36 KiB) Viewed 762 times
The HOLDEN wall of fame on the Side of Baileys Garage at Gunning NSW
The HOLDEN wall of fame on the Side of Baileys Garage at Gunning NSW
Gunning HOLDEN Wall of fame.jpg (142.65 KiB) Viewed 762 times
Jeff belting ahead
Jeff belting ahead
Picture 131.jpg (164.47 KiB) Viewed 762 times
EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

Sawtell Road Trip -

Hit the road next year guys! The road is calling you and your lovely car!
Attachments
One of the Many many rivers we crossed north of Sydney! How many Rivers are there round here? Some of the bridges are as narrow as a Wolseley!
One of the Many many rivers we crossed north of Sydney! How many Rivers are there round here? Some of the bridges are as narrow as a Wolseley!
Another River.JPG (142.5 KiB) Viewed 758 times
The town of Gunning Loved us. The local Reporter took some pics &amp; wrote a story for the Yass Tribune newspaper<br />He said &quot;I wish you had of told us you were coming!&quot; LOL!
The town of Gunning Loved us. The local Reporter took some pics & wrote a story for the Yass Tribune newspaper
He said "I wish you had of told us you were coming!" LOL!
Gunning - On the Old Hime Highway.JPG (234.21 KiB) Viewed 758 times
Heading out of Sawtell Large amounts of water on the sides of the road - On the way back They're predicting more rain- We're Outa here!
Heading out of Sawtell Large amounts of water on the sides of the road - On the way back They're predicting more rain- We're Outa here!
Keep Going Bother!.JPG (158.48 KiB) Viewed 758 times
reidy
State: VIC

Post by reidy »

Great pics Paul,dunno how you had time to take them all :)
The whole Nationals experience starts when you plant your arse in the seat leaving home and ends when you get back.
Pity about the rain as i didn't get to catch up with those that i wanted to :( but i wreckon everyone had a great time thanks to Tim and the Queensland crew :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I was originally going to cruise up alone but was glad to travel with a great bunch of like minded enthusiasts. Ann and I really had a great time :D :D :D
I gotta say i felt a bit out of place driving an EK all that distance and a pink one at that, would have liked driving an FB, but i don't think the Rat would have been up to it :wink:
Thanks for the memories Paul, Tracy, Nick,David, Jeff and Gerard.It was a blast.
Roll on Mt Gambier :D :D :D

Thanks for your comments on Sheridan's EK Dave. Had a great and stressful time trying to finish it for her wedding.
Gotta say I'm pretty pleased the way it turned out seeing it was a practice car :wink:
Now if i can only get the Standard ready for 2012 :D
Bill 8)
President
FB-EK Holden Car Club of Victoria Inc.
akamanis

Post by akamanis »

GR8 pics Paul! Concur with all of the above comments regarding the nats - especially with the holiday starting upon getting into the car at home and finishing when getting out of the car upon return.

For me, too much driving of a ''twin fin'' is not enough! Probably because I feel in "'holiday mode'' irrespective of the destination.................. and irrespective of the weather! Have lost count of the number of trips to "anywhere'' just to get that holiday feeling with the vent window open, elbow on the door and Buddy Holly/Crash Craddock/Johnny Kid & the Pirates etc doing their thing. Who can relate to that?
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

akamanis wrote:For me, too much driving of a ''twin fin'' is not enough! Probably because I feel in "'holiday mode'' irrespective of the destination.................. and irrespective of the weather! Have lost count of the number of trips to "anywhere'' just to get that holiday feeling with the vent window open, elbow on the door and Buddy Holly/Crash Craddock/Johnny Kid & the Pirates etc doing their thing. Who can relate to that?
Me!!! 'cept its every day I drive to work... Best way to relax after a shite day at work is jumping in the EK cracking the vent window trundling home in peak hour traffic. :thumbsup:

Great pics Paul thanks for putting them up.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

Thanks Devilrod.
Yes, you can't beat an old car to take you too another place with your mood. We love 'em - that's why we have them

I used to use my 60''s custom quite a bit as a daily driver in the 90's. I used to take the spinner caps off though as I didn't want them knicked as I parked in a carpark. Regret selling her now -but the 50's US car bug bit again

cheers

Paul K
Attachments
Warm 202 4 speed was a standard once
Warm 202 4 speed was a standard once
Scan10017.jpg (83.34 KiB) Viewed 696 times
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Devilrod wrote:
akamanis wrote:For me, too much driving of a ''twin fin'' is not enough! Probably because I feel in "'holiday mode'' irrespective of the destination.................. and irrespective of the weather! Have lost count of the number of trips to "anywhere'' just to get that holiday feeling with the vent window open, elbow on the door and Buddy Holly/Crash Craddock/Johnny Kid & the Pirates etc doing their thing. Who can relate to that?
Me!!! 'cept its every day I drive to work... Best way to relax after a shite day at work is jumping in the EK cracking the vent window trundling home in peak hour traffic. :thumbsup:

Great pics Paul thanks for putting them up.
That car now lives in Kalgoorlie 8)
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

Love to buy it back off him Blacky! Although every EK I have sold was in great Nick. When I see them again, they're stuffed!

Paul K
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

I know he hit a 'roo in it and totalled the left guard, he was trying to get someone to repair the paint when I left town , have lost contact with him now ....
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.