Wheels Day 2011

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in the A.C.T.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, ACT Mod

ridgey didge
State: NOT ENTERED

Wheels Day 2011

Post by ridgey didge »

ACT Wheels Day will happen on Sunday 27 March 2011, starting from 8.00am (park cars) with the public in from 9.00am. It will be at the Old Parliament House Lawns again. Here is the link to the 2011 flyer (references to 2008 in the webpage title notwithstanding).
http://www.actmotorclubs.org.au/go/shannons-wheels-2008

The FE-HR Holden Owners Club of the ACT will be out in force. We will be parking on the north side of King Edward Terrace, near Questacon. The event is free and open to everyone - no need to be a club member, so come and park with the other old Holdens and introduce your self.

See you there
David
ridgey didge

Re: Wheels Day 2011

Post by ridgey didge »

We are now told we need to bring a drip tray (a flat beer carton will do). They say there may be inspectors checking that drip trays are used!

David
Cal

Post by Cal »

ridgey didge wrote:We are now told we need to bring a drip tray (a flat beer carton will do). They say there may be inspectors checking that drip trays are used!

David

Geez, that's a bit rich. It's only grass for god's sake.

I do know they had some major Italian car show at the same place recently. All those Lancia's and Fiat's must've dumped a fair bit of oil on the lawn :mrgreen:
ridgey didge

Post by ridgey didge »

The Fiats etc are allowed back for Wheels, so they are probably spoiling it for the rest of us who have never leaked a drop of oil. :wink:

There are some paved areas as well. Even with the grass - if I was going out on Monday for a break from the office and came back with oil on my clothes I'd be rightly upset. There is some touch footy and other similar stuff played on some of the grassed areas as well.

I'm sure we'll cope with having to use a nappy for this once.

Cheers
David
Harold61

Post by Harold61 »

The oil was probably from my Lambretta. :lol: :lol: :lol: