Engine Reconditioners in Sydney region.

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

vmx-mxr
State: NSW

Engine Reconditioners in Sydney region.

Post by vmx-mxr »

It's time to get serious on the old ute so can anyone point me in the direction of a good engine mob who do good work at a fair price (ie no rip offs)

I need to get the block acid cleaned and flushed along with decking and boring etc along with getting work done on the head for unleaded. Any other headwork ideas for a mild grey would be appreciated including the best places to source red valves etc.

Cheers

Dave Mac :D
samprinci
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Engine Reconditioners in Sydney region.

Post by samprinci »

Hey Dave..

2004 I had to re-co my EJ motor. I use John Kuiper Automotive out at Prestons near liverpool. & I constantly get John to do a lot of work for me.

John does a lot of Stuff, but he has a really good reputation for building good engines... fully recommend him.

John Kuiper Automotive: 9607 9989

best of luck mate.

Sam
Join the fun! Join the club! - FB-EK Holden Car Club of NSW
www.fbekholdennsw.com
Stygian
State: NSW

Re: Engine Reconditioners in Sydney region.

Post by Stygian »

Mighty Dave Mac! :D

Martin's Engine Reconditioning comes highly recommended: 86 Gipps Street Wollongong, phone 02 - 42299899 and ask for Bernie. I know it's out of the Sydney metro area, but they do quality work, according to my engine builder. They do block cleaning, decking and can install hardened valve seats for unleaded. In my engine 3.8L Holden V6 valves were used instead of the red motor ones (machined to fit of course).

My engine builder told me that porting a grey motor head is about 20 hours of work. So that can be a bit of money, depending on whom you get to do it.

Cheers,

Andrew