VSB14

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Cal
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: VSB14

Post by Cal »

Stygian wrote:
Cal wrote:An easy solution to all this..........

Stick with a stock grey :lol: 8)
Too late, my engine's almost done. Don't ask me the cost as it is too painful to see in print...

Well just slap a stock carbie and exhaust on it. If they ask about the lumpy idle, just tell them it needs a tune............. :lol:

Trev, i think you got the name wrong :oops:
my70wg

Post by my70wg »

victoria maby?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

aidan...
i'll get there....
Stygian
State: NSW

Post by Stygian »

Yes, Victoria will come with me Trev, as will Henry :)
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Oh yeah, thanks RustyEK for bringing these docs to our attention.
Was that a good thanks or thanks for nothing :D

This is the guidelines that I had to build my car under , think that it is going to be Australia wide eventually .

Makes it hard for people to just update to a new engine , but I think that is what they are trying to do , if you have to go through an engineer they know that the brakes and other things are being upgraded at the same time , safer old cars on the road .

I was a bit worried what the new rules would bring for mine , but have just had Transport Department pass mine and issue a Mod plate for it , just before the new rules came in , so all good.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Stygian wrote:Yes, Victoria will come with me Trev, as will Henry :)
Sorry for the wrong name :oops: .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

Rusty EK wrote:.

This is the guidelines that I had to build my car under , think that it is going to be Australia wide eventually .

Makes it hard for people to just update to a new engine , but I think that is what they are trying to do , if you have to go through an engineer they know that the brakes and other things are being upgraded at the same time , safer old cars on the road .

I was a bit worried what the new rules would bring for mine , but have just had Transport Department pass mine and issue a Mod plate for it , just before the new rules came in , so all good.
Hey Rusty, no mate, it was a genuine thankyou. It's good to know about this now rather than later. If you've had to build your car according to these rules, well, that's the writing on the wall.

Yeah, what I think they are trying to do is to beat the dodgy backyard conversions done by guys who don't have a clue. Including the percentage increase in power rather than just capacity is probably because of modern engines. Just take one of those XR6 turbo motors. You don't have to do much to them at all to get a good 300fwhp out of them - almost all factory components. You could hide those mods very easily.

Trev, no worries :)
Mick

Post by Mick »

Rusty EK wrote:.

depends on yor max engine size yor allowed but i'de like the guidelines yor ute is built along brought into NSW as at the moment you wouldn't get that legal in NSW unless you went through icv (individualy constructed vehicle)

i don't think they'll even worry about hotty greys/reds unless they have turbos/superchargers stuck on them, i reckon what they are targeting is the late model stuff you can get an easy 400-500 HP out of an LS2 a mate has a very mild (almost stock) one with a big turbo stuck on it, it makes about 530HP at the wheels on pump fuel at about 12lb boost, put in fancy fuel and it's capable of 20lb boost but the dyno couldn't handle it, and if you saw/heard the car running with the bonnet closed you would have no idea what was lurking under there at idle/low revs purs like a kitten

andrew if you move to VIC from what trev said you still need that engineers report
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

I'll guess we'll just have to see how it all plays out. I remembered last night that the guy who used to pink slip my EK when it was a daily still does blue slips. I'll have a chat to him about it too. Anyway, I'll keep the forum informed as to what I find out with my project. I know Mick, moving to Victoria just to get club rego for a modified car is a bit drastic :wink: :lol:
newman

Post by newman »

Got a plan for rego renewal time, my grey has twins,extractors cam etc. and sounds a bit lumpy. If I get asked I'll tell them the choke sometimes sticks :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mick 8)
ozbumpkin

Post by ozbumpkin »

Woo Hoo I got my van engineered today.
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Well done ozbumpkin :D
ozbumpkin

Post by ozbumpkin »

The engineer told me today that these rules & regs yas all talkin about will be apply from the 28/2/11 under a national sceme.
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

This is one of the reasons I bought a boat to hot rod
I can do whatever I want with it, and drive it flat out :mrgreen:
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

Thommo wrote:This is one of the reasons I bought a boat to hot rod
I can do whatever I want with it, and drive it flat out :mrgreen:
Sooooooooooo, that means you won't be needing that McGee injection set up??!!
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

It would go well in a boat :P