Victoria and I finally get hitched

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in N.S.W.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, NSW Mod

Stygian
State: NSW

Victoria and I finally get hitched

Post by Stygian »

Dear fellow NSW club members and others,

After 5 years of being together, Victoria and I finally tied the knot on the 3rd December. I haven’t posted this up earlier as we only got the shots from the photographer yesterday.

Once more, Victoria and I are indebted to Steve Jackson for his generosity in loaning us three of his beautiful cars. The cars included our old friend from the Narrendera Nationals, the Twilight Turquoise / Grecian White FB sedan; the Cataract Grey Standard EK wagon and finally, the bridal car, the Snowcrest White / Cameo Beige EK sedan with, of course, a mildly hotted up grey motor.The cars really helped make the day and we both received a lot of positive comments about them from our guests.

We were going to use just the sedans with Hamish’s convertible Vauxhall as the wedding car, but the intermittent rainy weather was just too dicey. Steve bent over backwards to get the wagon on full registration in time for the wedding. But as it turned out, the wagon played an unforseen but critical role in the wedding preparations.

Here are Steve’s cars the day before the big event. I spent all day washing and polishing them at Hamish’s place, in between downpours.

I also had to replace the exhaust manifold flange gasket in the wagon and do a little bit of welding in the pipe. The wagon also had a puncture just before I picked it up, so it had the spare on it. Trouble was, the spare wheel was white instead of Cataract Grey, and it looked odd. I solved the problem by putting on my rechromed thumbprints, which really picked up the appearance of the car.

That night, we had another problem. My mother had worked for days making the 4 level wedding cake. But how were we going to transport the cake from Bowral to Robertson given all the levels could not sit on top of one another? Answer? The wagon of course.

The wagon transported the cake, Mum, the bride to be and I wonderfully well. I can highly recommend an EK Standard wagon as wedding cake transport. Just look at how the cake turned out. Well done Mum.

Steve now calls the Cataract Grey Standard the “Wedding Cake Wagon”.

The next day the wedding service was held at the beautiful St Matthews Church in Jamberoo. Victoria’s family has a very long connection to this 150 year old convict hewn sandstone church.

First to turn up were the groomsmen and best man (my four brothers) and I in the FB.

Followed just a little while later :lol: by the bridal car and the bridemaids in the wagon.

The blushing bride disembarks:

After the service, we posed next to the bridal car for one of our first pics as a married couple.

And the bride poses with one of her friends with the cars in the background.

Then it was into the bridal car for Vic and I, the groomsmen in the FB and the bridesmaids in the wagon for the half hour drive via Jamberoo Pass to the beautiful reception venue, Fountaindale Grand Manor in Robertson.

The FB was parked right out the front of the manor all night, and I took this iPhone shot

The FB became pretty popular with Vic’s friends when they ducked outside for a quick smoke (pic not taken by me)

The reception was great and a lot of fun was had by all. A few groups had room parties until the wee hours and missed breakfast as a result.

Thanks so much Steve. Everyone who came to our wedding was marshalled out the front of the church for a group pic with your cars in the background.

Take care of those cars Steve, they have some treasured memories of ours attached to them.

Andrew
FBeing
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Victoria and I finally get hitched

Post by FBeing »

Congrats again Andrew!

Great pics
Cal

Post by Cal »

Congratulations on the wedding................looked like a wonderful day.

Never mind the cars, the bride is absolutely stunning :oops: 8)
STANLEY

Post by STANLEY »

Your missus is a hotty, dude!!!!!!
FBeing

Post by FBeing »

STANLEY wrote:Your missus is a hotty, dude!!!!!!
:D :D :D
AND a nice chick too!
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

Victoria is a great looking girl and a nice one too. Plus she loves '50s cars. I am a very lucky man.

By the way, the wedding photos were taken by an old high school friend, Mike Frakes, who has won international awards for his work (http://www.MikeFrakesPhotography.com.au)

Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Wow!

Wow!

Wow!

You both are so welcome for the use of my cars. Thanks for taking care of the cars, they came back cleaner then they went :D :D :D

Congratulation once again Andrew and Victoria.

PS .... CLL-112 will now be called the "Cake Wagon"
Dakam

Post by Dakam »

Congrats Andrew, looks like you had a great day.

Dave.
I'd rather drive something made of metal, not plastic!
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

Steve Jackson wrote:You both are so welcome for the use of my cars. Thanks for taking care of the cars, they came back cleaner then they went :D :D :D
The wagon also came back a little quieter too :wink: :)

Thanks once more Steve. The cars really added to the occasion and the wagon was the ideal vehicle for transporting a multilayered wedding cake.

Thanks as well Dave, we had a ball of a time. Didn't see one sour face at all. Victoria and I put a mountain of work in on a budget and it really paid off. I'd relive my wedding day tomorrow if I could.

Andrew
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Certainly looked like everyone enjoyed the day. Well done and Congratulations victoria and Andrew.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

Thankyou DR :D
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Congratulations Andrew

What a beautiful wedding, the locations, the cars, the bribesmaids, your bride.

It looks like it was a Special day

All the best.

Regards, Jeff
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

Thanks Jeff, it sure was.