spare wheel ??

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

spare wheel ??

Post by Guest »

Anybody know if this is the same spare wheel bracket as used on the EK ute
(sorry unable to enlarge)

Cheers Nick
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

I always thought they just slid in and out. My EK ute used to and same for EH come to think of it.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
ekvan
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by ekvan »

Hey Nick, Heres a larger pic of the bolt, bracket & tube spanner. The bolt should fit the small end of the tube spanner that comes in the tool bag.
Small end fits the wheel nuts and spare wheel clamp bolt and the other fits the spark plugs
Your photo looks to be the right one , just couldnt make out if the bolt was ok

Image[/img]

Post by Guest »

Thanx ekvan
yeah what tool bag/kit?? - would love to have one - tis only a dream.
The bracket is off a HR sedan & looks exactly the same - someone told me they were the same but I wasn't sure if that was correct

Cheers Nick
ekvan

Post by ekvan »

Nick, the tool kits are faily common if you know what to look for and go to some swapmeets....the hardest part would be the red handled scewdriver.Other pieces of the kit come up often in boxes of tools being sold individually or as a whole. The tube spanner and hubcap remover often The toolbags are the same,,,you may have seen one and passed it over without knowing.I can post a pic or two if you need to know what is in the kit

Post by Guest »

This is a picture I have of a tool kit - is this the correct kit
I have the box spanner & hubcap remover so far but over here in the West there were not as many cars of that vintage over here as compared to the Eastern states and lot of these things are very hard to get now.
I guess the EJ/EH & poss HD/HR kit & toolbag would be the same ?

Cheers Nick
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Anyone got a picture of the bag as well ??
earlyholdenfan

Post by earlyholdenfan »

Thats not very nice Blacky! :wink:
Hoping everyone is finding my new Avatar less "Distracting" and of course it is not directed at anyone or anything either currently living or deceased, hopefully it may just be allowed to remain!
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Not THAT sort of a bag !
ekvan

Post by ekvan »

here ya go Blacky...the parts manual says envelope type for all...so it should look like one of these...the green one is the one that I have seen with commercials, however I am not sure if this is right .Most of these are made from the same material as the seats, that I have seen anyway
I have seen this type in FE,FC, FB & Ek commercials and the white one in sedans. The FX & FJ ones are different they are more like a tool pouch with seperate pockets to slide the tools in and then roll the whole lot up. They also have a couple more tools in the set