FB TAKES TOP HONOURS AT NSW ALL HOLDEN DAY 2010

All the info, questions and discussion for the various All Holden Day shows in each state

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

tuffbwagon
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: FB TAKES TOP HONOURS AT ALL HOLDEN DAY 2010

Post by tuffbwagon »

WOW!!!! i must admit i thought this car was a full restoration. damm that is in good condition then. the father in law and i were saying to each other how good it was to see someone actually spend alot of money restoring to original instead of modifying... :oops: :oops: great car mate deserves all the acollades.cheers wayne :D
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Congratulations Darren,
Muriel is a stunning example,
I spent ages checking it out at the Nationals.

Cheers
Jeff
Stygian
State: NSW

Post by Stygian »

Well done Darren, Muriel receives yet another accolade. Top car.

Andrew
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Stygian wrote:Well done Darren, Muriel receives yet another accolade. Top car.

Andrew
Yes it was a good win and well deserved ... against some very stiff opposition with some very astute judges .... who know their cars!

Steve
castillefb

Post by castillefb »

just checking ...you do know the green dots are supposed to be there ???
if so carry on....
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

tuffbwagon wrote:the father in law and i were saying to each other how good it was to see someone actually spend alot of money restoring to original instead of modifying...
Hear, hear!
Cal

Post by Cal »

Stygian wrote:
tuffbwagon wrote:the father in law and i were saying to each other how good it was to see someone actually spend alot of money restoring to original instead of modifying...
Hear, hear!

The same could be said of the Montague's yellow FB. Flawless restoration.

Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Obviously a certain pessimistic forum member didn't (take time out of the swamp to) look at this magnificent car, amongst many!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

It's in incredible condition !!!

Steve
vmx-mxr

Post by vmx-mxr »

Hi Darren.

Yeah just pulling your leg, lol!!!

Hopefully we'll see more of Muriel - she is one lovely old girl who had plenty of great company on Sunday. With the exclusion of a lot of modern stuff it was a fantastic day, and finally a good opportunity to catch up with people. I was even able to establish that Sam isn't a greengrocer after all !!!

Well done to the Jacksons for pulling off a logistical coup getting all those cars along too.

As for the swamp - I for one couldn't get out of there quickly enough - way too many cars to look at and swamp meets can be done any month of the year. Still I did find a couple of FE - EK correct clutch slave cylinder kits and a half decent bumper that a couple of scumbags tried to steal later in the day :shock:

Cheers

Dave Mac :D
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

have i made you cry again jacko :cry: :lol: i think you may be refering to "not much competition" i didn't say NO competition
i saw the cars and as i've said before (and no offence to anybody if that's what yor into) you see one stocker you've seen 'em all
i appreciate and respect stock/restored cars but don't feel the need to stop and crawl all over and under them as everything is the same just different colours

sorry darren but when somebody keeps having digs i won't take there sh!t
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

ratbox wrote:have i made you cry again jacko :cry: :lol: i think you may be refering to "not much competition" i didn't say NO competition
i saw the cars and as i've said before (and no offence to anybody if that's what yor into) you see one stocker you've seen 'em all
i appreciate and respect stock/restored cars but don't feel the need to stop and crawl all over and under them as everything is the same just different colours

sorry darren but when somebody keeps having digs i won't take there sh!t
ratbox wrote:well done darren yor car didn't have much competition as far as condition goes, but at the AHD who can tell what will win a VB commodore used for shopping could win there :roll:

No Bubbles :lol: :lol: :lol: You didn't make me cry and you never will ....
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

ratbox wrote:well done darren yor car didn't have much competition as far as condition goes, but at the AHD who can tell what will win a VB commodore used for shopping could win there :roll:
This is a nasty comment. Why not just compliment Darren on his win? You're basically saying that Muriel and the other cars there are of the condition of a clapped out Commodore. I don't know what you wantto achieve with comments like this RB.
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

Stygian wrote:
This is a nasty comment. Why not just compliment Darren on his win? You're basically saying that Muriel and the other cars there are of the condition of a clapped out Commodore. I don't know what you wantto achieve with comments like this RB.
i find nothing nasty with it it's the way 2 of you have taken it :? :? darren is the person that IF ANYBODY should have his nose out of joint by it doesn't seem offended in any way by it, for the record i love his car and he knows it :D so that's all that matters to me
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

ratbox wrote:
Stygian wrote:
i find nothing nasty with it it's the way 2 of you have taken it :? :? darren is the person that IF ANYBODY should have his nose out of joint by it doesn't seem offended in any way by it, for the record i love his car and he knows it :D so that's all that matters to me
Such self serving rubbish! Darren, obviously excited and happy about his win, deservingly posts on the forum. Instead of applauding him, you deliberately and publicly belittle his achievement. Only losers knock winners.