ek brakes

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

bonnie
State: NOT ENTERED

ek brakes

Post by bonnie »

would like to know what i could do with brakes on my ek, and if any one knows if you can purchase an altinator upgrade kit cheers
Harv
State: NSW

Re: ek brakes

Post by Harv »

G'day Bonnie, and welcome to the forum.

There are a number of brake upgrades for the EK, which depend on just how much work (and cash!) you want to put in. Other than searching the forum, a good place to start is by talking to the guys at Hoppers Stoppers (www.hoppers.com.au), who have a hell of a lot of experience in making early Holdens slow down quicker. There is a good info sheet on their webpage that describes most of the typical upgrade setups.

As for alternator upgrades, the original EK ran a generator rather than an alternator. You can change over to an alternator, though it takes a fair bit of work (I've only ever done it as part of a V8 upgrade... never tried it on a grey or red motor though it would be similar...). You would need to be running some fairly serious electricals to justify the grief... what are you planning?
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Stygian
State: NSW

Re: ek brakes

Post by Stygian »

Install a brake booster in your car bonnie, makes a big difference. Either a VH44 or, if you want to remain period correct, a VH24. Give Terry Morgan at Hydroboost a call. You can also reline your brake shoes and remachine your drums.