Progress Pix of my EK......

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

These Photos are a little out of date but give you guys an idea of how much we have done. 3 floor pans, bigger tunnel, rust around back windows, roof bare metaled and bonnet, subframe off and repaired, badge holes filled. I will post some more soon as the shell is actually in primer and the drive line is back in. Enjoy

Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
parisian62
State: NSW

Post by parisian62 »

Hey Devilrod,

thanks for the pics...makes me want to get into my EK Station Sedan - needs floors, sills, around windows - argh!

keep us updated on the progress.

rergards
Stewart
petrolhead
State: NOT ENTERED

Dieseased

Post by petrolhead »

Hey Devilrod it seems that we suffer from the same disease..
F.B./E.K. Holdens and Street Rods. All is looking good so far.As soon as I learn how to put photo's from the camera into the computer I will put the "Retro 70's" on line for all to see.
Regards
Petrolhead
P.S. do you know anybody with a bonnet front chrome piece to suit an FB?
Devilrod
State: VIC

Re: Dieseased

Post by Devilrod »

petrolhead wrote:Hey Devilrod it seems that we suffer from the same disease..
F.B./E.K. Holdens and Street Rods.
I'm more of a Hot Rod kinda guy and if you have to ask the difference you just don't get it. :P Can't stand belly button street rods ie red, 350/350/9" combos :roll:

Would be good to see some pics of your ride sounds wild.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
petrolhead
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by petrolhead »

My ROD that I just sold two weeks ago was a '46 &*#@ four door sedan,hows that for left field. It was a lisenced driveable rod that I decided to update so I got a spare chassis which I had boxed and fitted jag front and rear suspension with a 302 cleveland with 351 internals,twin tunnel ram,twin lpg mixers,bug catcher and backed by a C4 auto.While this was being built a mate of mine was on a buying spree in the USA so I got him to bring the sides of a '46 Tudor back(heaps cheaper in freight than bringing a shell back).The theory was that over easter I was to lift the '46 onto the new chassis and then convert it to a Tudor.My panels arrived just before Easter and when I went to pick them up I got to see the cars that he purchased.There were two '46 coupes amongst them,now I like coupes but never bothered about them as I need a back seat for the family.One coupe seemed larger,and it was.Its a club coupe,the doors are 6" longer and the rear window is back about 10" .And the best part is that it has a back seat.I know of three '46 coupes in Perth and no club coupes also there are no '46 Tudors in Perth.So I put the sedan and also the Tudor sides up for sale and will have the club coupe in my garage very soon.But the coupe will have to wait untill the "Retro 70's FB is finished and then I have to touch up the other FB(3rd owner resto).
All the best
Regards
Petrolhead