Factory Hydramatic Booklet

Post original documentation here

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EKjimmy
State: NOT ENTERED

Factory Hydramatic Booklet

Post by EKjimmy »

Hydramatic information booklet that i thought might be interesting.

Jimmy
'The best engine in the world is a vagina. It can be started with only one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes it's own oil every four weeks. It is a pity that the management system is so f*$king temperamental.'
rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

We started a "sticky" section in the Tech section.-perhaps this should "go into the pool room".....?

Love that auto blurb....... two things.. or maybe more....

"Complete control".... guess those of us who drive manuals risk accident by not being in "complete control".....

"Extra passing power" just where does these extra "killer wasps" and "torques" come from...... grey engine with or without auto box is still a grey engine..... I haven't seen the larger sized holes or extra pistons in the block of any engine originally fitted to a hydro..... and the "increased acceleration" appears to be limited to between 47 and 50 mph..... guess you had to "concentrate" on the speedo a little more when driving one of these..... to "judge" your overtaking manouevre to coincide with this broad parameter of increased acceleration......

Oh well, I suppose they were trying to entice people to move with the times...... I just wonder how many people purchased one of these as their first (and last) Holden...... competition was fierce - the "R" and "S" series - and to a lesser extent.... "Fxxxomatic" oversquare Oz birds.... how do you think we rated in the market stakes with this "Most AUTOMATIC automatic of them all".....?

Also interesting to note, from here and also in the EJ Hydro.... we went from three speeds to four.... EH.... then down to two for the next four models.......

I do like the "R" being next to "L"..... it is usually the "give away" that someone has fitted a "Traumatic" to replace the "hydro".....
Must have demanded too much concentration for people to pull it all the way down from Pk....... guess general consensus and convention in the remainder of the automotive world put demise to this......

Now the disclaimer..... yes, I love them to bits.... like all FB/EK's..... but I believe "hype" is the word...........

Sadly, it may be my computer running low on screen ink.... but most of the Utilux pix..... has been cropped short of full length..

Thanks for posting these up - perhaps they can be made "stickys"....?

frats,
Rosco