Old Car Yard Pics

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

FB MAD
State: NOT ENTERED

Old Car Yard Pics

Post by FB MAD »

Does anyone have any old period photos of new or used FB's and or EK's sitting in car yards/showrooms that they could throw up for all to see??.

There were plenty of them in used car yards when I was a kid in the '70's and wouldn't mind seeing some pics for old times sake.
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
EK Dreamer

Post by EK Dreamer »

oh man!!! thanks sunnytim!
thanks so much for those pics they are so tops !!!!!

BEV
minifb

Post by minifb »

GREAT GREAT GREAT CHEERS MARK
FB/EKForum member 123
ImageWoofto Car Club Member No4

IF ITS NOT CHOPPED IT MAY ASWELL BE RESTORED

Member FB-EK Holden Car Club of NSW Inc.
rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

I can't thank you enough, Tim.................
The Bill Patterson pix - this is the very showroom floor from where the old chap (Mr Rothnie) walked in and pointed to "my" old bus saying "I want that car"................ I don't know from where it stood, but this is the room.

Sadly, this showroom has very recently been sold and most likely will suffer as the result.................
It is no more than 300 metres from the new "Eastlink" freeway (and tunnel) which you probably have seen broadcast over the media this evening........

how timely.........................

I will take a happy snap of the dealer's sticker on my glove-box lid and post it, if you feel it appropriate?

frats,
Rosco
Finny
State: QLD

Post by Finny »

Those photo's are great. All original Black and White, except the HR one, colour photography must have just started.
Great images.
IT's LIKE WATCHING DRUNK MONKEYS TRYING TO HUMP A FOOTBALL.
parisian62
State: NSW

Post by parisian62 »

top stuff Tim. Great thread Terry.

Love the '60s house with the wagon out front.

regards
Stewart
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
rosco

Post by rosco »

Will take a peek in my folders, Tim.............

Terry, you've opened up another great thread - amazing how some of us get an ravenous appetite again after such a great nats..................

I have many model promo's of new models from the Dustings of Burwood (Vic) dealership - not sure if I have any of the actual dealership, though......

frats,
Rosco
rosco

Post by rosco »

Stewart,
I have 8mm movie film of my father's FB in front of our "60's) b/v house in snow in colour - I'm not sure that I can freeze any of it and post it - resolution might be quite ordinary - the film was very grainy due to low light...... I have transferred the 8mm to VHS and then to DVD......... will have a go at it tomorrow if you may be interested.........

Got many slides of the old FB (both in original pink and white and later British racing green and pale lime)............ see if I can dig a couple up - probably not relevant to this thread........

frats,
Rosco
Last edited by rosco on Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAYZ 58

Post by TAYZ 58 »

Those pics are GREAT!!!! Best post Ive seen in a awhile, wouldnt it be great to go back in time a for a few weeks with a pocket full of pre decimal currency!!!!! 8)
rosco

Post by rosco »

This one I threw up in my FB/EK thread on my bus............. there are some "period" cars here - taken April 1973 at the Victorian Railways Administrative Offices car park.............. using a Kodak Instamatic 104 camera......

frats,
Rosco

ps - just remembered - the gardener used to "mow" the bank using a Victa 18" on the end of a rope - pulling it up and down - the lines on the pic just triggered my memory..........
rosco

Post by rosco »

Wow Tim,
that "travelling" car wash on rails - I don't know if I'd risk my precious pride and joy to that contraption - those rollers look as if they are red-lining - and those counter-wights - are they attempting to change the oil in the sump with that contraption?

Have "stolen" that pic to my collection - along with most of your other submissions.....

frats,
Rosco
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

I can take some snaps of the Sutton's pics I won at the Forbes Nationals. They are in the store.

Great pics Tim, I love the bridge shot!!
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

i'll see what pics i have of the peak hill dealership, he has a black EJ prem in there with 5,000 miles on the clock only on the road for a year and then traded back in and that's where it's sat ever since, has another room with half a dozen EH's including a windowless van and a '64 belair that've all been there since late '60's early '70's
then there's charlie at canowindra his dealer ship is full of H/KTG's and H/QJ's not new cars but all gooduns
space ace
State: NSW

Post by space ace »

I have quite a few from various sources heres a couple :) Image
Pete
VS355

Post by VS355 »

space ace wrote: Image
Pete
Love this pic i think i have a new computer Background pic :D