Where were all the FBs & EKs?

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in Tassie.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, TAS Mod

Heather
State: NOT ENTERED

Where were all the FBs & EKs?

Post by Heather »

Hi All

I was at the Shannons car show in Rosny on Sunday and I only saw 2 EKs, and even they were only there briefly. I was really looking forward to checking out people's restorations and dreaming about when I can start work on my old girl. There were some lovely FCs and EJ/EHs there though. What a pity about the FB/EKs, was it the weather that kept you away?

I'll try to get some pics up soon, she's a bit of a wreck but to me she's just beautiful.

Heather
Dee

Tas

Post by Dee »

great work Heather,
good to hear someone from our southern state - give em a rev and get your peoples act in gear..

Dee
Finny
State: QLD

Post by Finny »

Look forward to seeing some pics. :D

Welcome to the forum. :D
IT's LIKE WATCHING DRUNK MONKEYS TRYING TO HUMP A FOOTBALL.
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Hey Heather, what happened to your pics :?:

Steve
Heather

Trying to post photos

Post by Heather »

Hey Steve, hmm, not sure if I have this photo thing sorted yet but I'll have a go...

Wow, I think that worked!

Here's the dear old Eeek on the day it arrived home. As I said it's not looking the best at the moment but hopefully in a couple of years it'll be back on the road looking very wonderful indeed. We're planning to get the engine out tomorrow to see what state it's in.

Catch you soon, Heather
Trev

Post by Trev »

Nice one Heather, she looks fine the way she is, a little TLC will do wonders, good luck, Trev 8) .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

Hi Heather,
pity about that Shannons show.....

Engines and mechanicals are relatively easy - upholstery - expensive but body and frame can be the tricky bits...... anything is possible - take a peek at some of the would have been scrappers that have come back to life on this forum - yours is in far better shape than some we have seen restored.....

what part of Tas are you in - our club did a tour in '07 around the isle......wonderful part of Oz...

frats,
Rosco
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Gday Heather
You got the pic posting sorted 8)
Now we just need to teach some of our more experianced members :roll:
The EK looks to be a great start for your project, good luck with it :wink:
Cheers
Jeff
FB MAD

Post by FB MAD »

Heather, don't touch it,don't polish it, don't even wash it :shock: :shock: :shock:

I like it just the way it is 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
Heather

Post by Heather »

Yep, it's the true believers who can see the beauty through the rust - so many people just don't get it. My partner reckons it will buff out!!

At this stage we're not too concerned about the body and frame but that may all change when we get her down to her undies and see what she's hiding. I'm just blown away by some of the projects on this site, it's just fantastic to see what you've all achieved.

In answer to Rosco, I'm in the Huon Valley south of Hobart which is a lovely spot and a great place for a drive.

Catch you.
rosco

Post by rosco »

Ummmm.... think we went there somewhere - came up from Pt Arthur through Richmond and on to Hobart...... then along the river on the way to Queenstown..... maybe not - think you are too south for where we went.....?

lovely place Tas... plan to make plenty of return trips in retirement.....

and....

a good buff - don't you dare......

as Terry says...... can you imagine how much trouble you'd have to go to - to get one to look like yours.... it is showing it's life history, to some of us this is pristine......

thanks Heather - good to know she's in good hands.....

frats,
Rosco
bigalhusband

Post by bigalhusband »

Hi heather my name is simon I have a EK sedan that I have had since 1984 Im the second owner an it has all matching number log books. My car is driven about four days every week rain hale or shine if you need a hand sorting parts I have a lot af gems under the house. I am an upholsterer and maybe I could help fixing the interior or suplying those hart to find bits :D
OLD TIN RULES
Heather

Post by Heather »

Hi Simon, sorry I only saw your post tonight - promise I wasn't ignoring you! :oops: Thanks for the info :) , I'll stay in touch. I'm not sure when we'll be getting into the work, I'd love to have her back on the road this year but that's unlikely I'm afraid.

That's amazing to be a second owner, you're so lucky to have that history, it makes the car all the more special. It's great that you get it out on the road so often but I'm really surprised I haven't seen you around so I suppose we must pass through different parts of town.

I have a friend who had a gorgeous black FB in the 80s, I thought it was the most beautiful car and when I got my licence I searched high and low till I found my EK. I bought it off a bloke who used to have a car museum in the Huon Valley and he said it had been sitting in one of his sheds for 15 years and he'd never got around to doing anything with it. I drove it every day but I sold it to a friend at work when the engine died. If only it had lasted a couple more years until I met my husband, he would have been able to rebuild it for me. Anyway, last year the bloke I sold it to asked me if I wanted it back - of course I did!

My partner is a &*#@ maniac and is working on a couple of other cars at the moment, but we'll try to fit some EK work in there too. I thought he'd be a bit reluctant to have a Holden in the shed but he's actually really taken by the old girl :wink: . I can't wait till the day I can park my EK next to his XY at a car show.

I'll keep an eye out for your car on the road

Heather
r&kfb

Post by r&kfb »

hi Heather

great looking car 8)
you should see mine i still have not touched it for 8 months but i will soon just need the money there is a lot of rust in it around the windows & i want to change it to auto

Kate
Free to live ........ and drive my car's
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Thats better than what I started with, but oh so similar!

Good luck should look great done. 8)
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.