Angry grey

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

gledge
State: SA

Angry grey

Post by gledge »

Saw this at the mallala historic races on the weekend guy said Vauxhall crank and the thing screamed past 7k with 3 speed crunchy on the tree and drum brakes… very cool car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the Shed

Re: Angry grey

Post by In the Shed »

Interesting set up for the coolant flow, has three connections to the top of the motor. Also see the oil filler cap is blocked off and piped to a separate tank.
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Yes that would be Mr Barrow,

When i starting in group N racing he was one of the guys i used to compete with, his father raced it for many years before that and the family was super friendly and we had lots of fun times. The car for what it is, is very quick and Phil drives the wheels off it. It was funny because that car could keep up with some of the HQ series runners when we ran combined grids

I competed against it at tracks like Oran Park Wakefield and Eastern creek.
The car moved to Victoria from Sydney a few years back and i have'nt seen it since.
Its refreshing to see it still in action, im hoping its still with the same owner.

Greg
So many cars so little time!
EK283

Post by EK283 »

In the Shed wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:34 pm Interesting set up for the coolant flow, has three connections to the top of the motor. Also see the oil filler cap is blocked off and piped to a separate tank.
Its a vented oil catch can, the idea is to catch any blowby oil instead of dumping on the track out of the breather.

Greg
So many cars so little time!
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

So much on last weekend. I was thinking about going to this. Did You take Leon, Glen?

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
gledge

Post by gledge »

Yeah drove it there took swags and was going to camp there but ended up coming home Saturday night

Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

gledge wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:23 am Yeah drove it there took swags and was going to camp there but ended up coming home Saturday night

You should drive it to Bunbury in June then ........ :ewink: :ewink:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
gledge

Post by gledge »

Let’s just say it has the handbrake stuck on

Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

I ram home up the north south expressway from Nuri. Got home 6:30. Should have co-ordinated that a bit better, but just wanted to get home in the end.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Harv

Post by Harv »

Gotta love a lumpy humpy 8)

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.