Making your own braided hoses

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

gledge
State: SA

Re: Making your own braided hoses

Post by gledge »

They didn’t supply you the wrong hose did they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

gledge wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:33 pm They didn’t supply you the wrong hose did they?
I don't think so. The only stainless braided hoses with a black nitrile inner that they do is 100 Series. The 480 series is nylon inner, the 200 Series and SF Lite are teflon inner. My stuff is definitely a black inner.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Harv

Post by Harv »

I think I've worked out what I was doing wrong. Managed to make up the hoses I needed in each of -6, -8 and -10.

There is a very fine line between having the hose inserted too far into the fitting (and not being able to start the thread), and having it not far in enough (and having the fitting drive the hose end out).

What worked for me was putting the female fitting onto the hose, but not in quite far enough. Fit up the male fitting and JUST start the thread. Twist the hose and push it in as far as it can go with the male fitting in place. There is a bit of fighting here as you are twisting and pushing the hose and the thread is only in place by a couple of threads. Once the hose is in as far as it will go, then tighten as per normal.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Dr Terry

Post by Dr Terry »

I knew you would nut it out Harv. These things are made to very good tolerances, so it's all good now.

Dr Terry