Wiring question.

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EK DAZ
State: NOT ENTERED

Wiring question.

Post by EK DAZ »

Hi All, I have just sorted the original wiring harness on my Ek (repaired, some new terminals, re- taped ,etc) My question is - What wires pass thru the top grommeted hole on the pedal box? and do these wires pass up thru ( if it is the rear harness) or the main front harness pass thru to the underside.
I have also discovered that there is a difference with the brake/clutch master cylinder reservoir thread sizes after getting the lot sleeved with stainless. I thought the only difference was the shape of the rear flange where it bolts to the firewall. I wanted to keep with the long skinny shape rather than the later oval shaped ones. I will now have to dig out another one and get that recond . #&@# it. Regards Daz.
EK DAZ
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Wiring question.

Post by Blacky »

I THINK it's the wires from your steering column that are fed through the hole in the pedal box mate.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Hi Daz,
From memory I only ran the wires from the column ( horn, indicator and reverse light feed) through the pedal box hole, if any.

Original master cylinder were the smaller diameter reservoir thread I believe, but by now many have been exchanged for the later ones. Only mechanical difference of significance between brake and clutch masters is inclusion of residual check valve in the brake master I believe.

Happy to be corrected on all the above.
Cheers,
Clay

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
EK DAZ
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by EK DAZ »

Thanks for the heads up guys. Regards Daz
EK DAZ