bottom radiator hose

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

gazza
State: VIC

bottom radiator hose

Post by gazza »

Hi all when fitting a v6 engine into a early holden and i am using original radiator what bottom radiator hose do i need. Dont want to use a custom radiator, or do i have the bottom outlet moved from the left side to the right side and a bigger outlet tube to suit commodore hose. Cheers Gazza.
Blacky
State: WA

Re: bottom radiator hose

Post by Blacky »

not sure the original will be able to keep up - it has gone from cooling a 2.25 litre to a 3.8 ???
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Fine core three row should do the job as long as it's not a burnout monster. I can understand wanting to keep the original look but the horse has already bolted if you have a v6 in there. I'd be looking around for a brass unit that fits, with the outlets in the right spot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
FireKraka
State: WA

Post by FireKraka »

I've probably said this before but I have used a standard commodore radiator and just widened the front slightly and then notched the sub to sit the radiator down, I think I put some photos on my build page, "Neil's Frankenstein Ute"
My V6 FC sedan has a custom built radiator and if something happens to it I'm stuffed for a while plus commodores radiators are cheap and readily available.
Regards
FireKraka
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
gazza
State: VIC

Post by gazza »

Hi all thanks for the replies guys. I dont want to cut the subframe support panel or use a custom radiator. I spoke to v6 conversions and he said the standard radiator is fine have it clean and flushed. I will go and talk to my local radiator guy tomorrow and see what he says, Cheers Gazza.
bumper
State: TAS

Post by bumper »

Dad has an original radiator 3 cored in his 253 sedan, im using the same in my 304 efi wagon, im just going to go to super cheap and find a hose to suit my aplication, plenty of different shapes and angles there to choose from
wanker????
I'd rather consider myself as an "owner operator"!!

FBEKHOLDENFANS page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253705454864/
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Think the problem may be the v6 pump outlet on the other side? Not real familiar with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
bat53retro
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by bat53retro »

g'day all
i use a 68 &*#@ mustang v8 radiator
move the outlets with bottom one faceing up to suit a shorten

vn vp bott hose

cheers bat :wink34: