hr disc brake cross member

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

fee's 61 ek wagon
State: QLD

hr disc brake cross member

Post by fee's 61 ek wagon »

hi can anyone tell me that has done a hr cross member conversion before do the 4 bolts line up with the ek holes or does the cross member need to be modified.i have not read anywhere that say's it does but a mate has just told me they dont fit and i am about to buy one
cheers
FireKraka
State: WA

Re: hr disc brake cross member

Post by FireKraka »

Hi fees
HR xmember will bolt straight in but have a look at Rare Spares because I think the bolt spacers may be slightly shorter or longer one of the other guys can probably confirm but as I say rares sell the mounting kit.
Regards
Neil H
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Get the spacers and bolts from the donor HR if possible. You will have to modify the snout. Tidiest way to do this is to remove the one from your original x-member which will match up to the 4 rivet holes on the HR unit. Bolt/rivet and weld the FB EK about on ensuring its square by measuring from the front diagonally to the front bolt holes or similar. This gives you front engine mount if you are retaining the grey motor and allows use of the original front rubber and locator bracket. Some conversions adapt the original HR snout to the FB EK radiator support member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
FireKraka
State: WA

Post by FireKraka »

Sorry guys :whistlinggg: yeh I forgot about the outrigger lucky you were there Errol I was giving a bum steer there :grinnn:
Regards
Neil H
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
fee's 61 ek wagon
State: QLD

Post by fee's 61 ek wagon »

hey gent's have fitted hr crossmember that was a lot easier then i thought it was going to be ,went to put ek wheels on and the rims hit the brake calipers .
the rims are riveted together which leaves a lip on the inside of the rim if they where welded i would think the join would be flat and would not hit.
should i be looking for hr rims or is there different ek rims around
cheers for your thoughts
fb delivery
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by fb delivery »

Hi
I think you will need to get HR disc brake rims

Rob
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

HD HR stock rims as well as the carryover EH commercials running the wider front brakes. Also Tirana if you want to go all modern n shit. You will find plenty of info on here if you dig a little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie