Anti-Seize

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

BILLY BLACKARROW
State: NSW

Anti-Seize

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

What type of Anti-Seize should I be using for stainless bolts to metal the only one I can source at the moment is cooper based and it doesn't seem right to me. What are you using .
BILLY :arrow:
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Anti-Seize

Post by Blacky »

I used the nickel based stuff on my Monaro when I put stainless bolts in it
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
ekstevo
State: VIC

Post by ekstevo »

what does the engineer say about stainless bolts the last time I had anything to do with one he told me to get rid of the stainless bolts I had used every stainless bolt Ive taken out of a l cage nut thats been in a few years has been a right prick thats with Anti-Seize.
The engineer didn't like the shear-off value of the stainless bolts.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

I only used them for under bonnet stuff etc - seat belt and suspension etc bolts were steel
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Get the correct of bolt (eg ARP), and stainless can be just as strong (tensile, shear or ductility) as mild steel. Some locations need high clamping force (tensile strength), others let the metal deform to absorb energy (more ductile).

I'm using Loctite moly antisieze on any of the stainless fasteners... stainless galls really badly without antisieze. Can't remember if I bought it at SuperCheap or CBC Bearings.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.