Restoring my tank

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

rtelford
State: VIC

Restoring my tank

Post by rtelford »

Hi Guys,

Is is OK to put the KBS or POR15 through my EK tank? The fuel pickup is soldered in and cannot be removed, if it has a strainer I'm tipping the POR15 will block it up, if there is no strainer am I good to go?

Cheers,
Rod.
FireKraka
State: WA

Re: Restoring my tank

Post by FireKraka »

Hi Rod;
Have you tried removing the fuel sender and tip it in through there, not sure if there is a strainer in the fuel pick up but there is also the filler you could use and there is not a strainer in there that's why it was easy to syphon. :erm:

Regards
Neil H
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

No strainer in an FB/EK tank. Lots of loose, crappy stuff (50 years of rust scale and dead lizards) in the bottom that has to come out.

Remove tank from car, remove fuel sender. Drain well and floosh out all the crap. Let dry, then use POR15 Marine Clean to get the rest of it out. Use the POR15 metal primer, then the POR15. Roll the tank around to cover all the nooks and crannies.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
rtelford
State: VIC

Post by rtelford »

I have put the KBS System through my tank with great success, no more fuel smell in the boot and cabin. I had to drill out a couple of the screws on the fuel sender, so I put new threads in the lot, sealed it up with a gasket maker thats fuel resistant.

Cheers,
Rod.