Engineers in SA

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

wolf3881
State: NOT ENTERED

Engineers in SA

Post by wolf3881 »

Hi ,

Finally got the last teenager into the workforce, so have now got a bit of money to start some serious rebuilding on the 62 special wagon.
186 red 5 speed, HR Disk front, chassis kit, new cross member, new Trans tunnel and and and
But before I do too much I better give an engineer a job.
Can anyone here in SA give me some details of an agreeable engineer preferably south of Adelaide.

Thanks
Wolf
Inman Valley SA
Wolf's 62 EK
stinky
State: SA

Re: Engineers in SA

Post by stinky »

Wolf, get some paperwork from Regency first, you shouldn't need an engineer for what you are planning. I got my FE through with 202/Tri, HR front and rear ends without an engineer a few years ago, they used to have a leaflet that stated what you could do to early Holdens. You might even get away without needing a roadworthy check, but like I said check with Regency first.
wolf3881

Post by wolf3881 »

Sorry for being formal it is Stinky; thanks for the reply Stinky good to talk to you

I’d heard about this booklet / pamphlet before and went there about a year ago and asked, they said it was avallible they hadn’t used it for a while
They gave me a form to fill in listing the changes and they would then tell what I could or couldn’t do.
Wouldn’t mind a copy if anyone out there has one, just as a starting point.
I’d like to find an engineer that would give me an hour of his time,for sum advise . Hell I’d even pay

Wolf
Wolf's 62 EK
bat53retro

Post by bat53retro »

g,day new national rules that are being brought in state over 20% more horse power needs engineer and a host of safty changes

cheers bat
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

bat53retro wrote:g,day new national rules that are being brought in state over 20% more horse power needs engineer and a host of safty changes

cheers bat
that's if or when, i'm not sure any state has actually taken them up yet, i think it's allways best to contact yor registration authoritys in yor state if you need an engineers report they should have a list of engineers
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
stinky
State: SA

Post by stinky »

wolf3881 wrote:I’d heard about this booklet / pamphlet before and went there about a year ago and asked, they said it was avallible they hadn’t used it for a while
They gave me a form to fill in listing the changes and they would then tell what I could or couldn’t do.
Wouldn’t mind a copy if anyone out there has one, just as a starting point.
I’d like to find an engineer that would give me an hour of his time,for sum advise . Hell I’d even pay

Wolf
I had a copy but buggered if I can find it now, it was a few years ago.
Save yourself some dough though, fill out the form with the planned mods and get it into Regency before seeing an Engineer. You might be surprised at their response.
Tony(?) at Old Oldens should be able to help out with any mods you can't do yourself.
wolf3881

Post by wolf3881 »

Thanks guys,

Forgot to mention earlier I have kept the old girl fully registered as it was when I brought her a couple of years ago, it hadn't been on the road for about 5 yrs
Drove her home 2km and pulled it apart and here I am, anyway back to motor reg.

Went to Regency today filled in the form and spoke to one of guys in the dept.He told me I shouldn’t need an engineer
Just have to take it to Regency for there inspection after modifications are done.
Having never had to take a car there, and hearing of some people having problems getting through , I’m hoping all goes well
They are suppose to send me back an approval for the mods
Hopefully I’ll get it done before they change any laws on me, still a long way to go,

Thanks again guys
Wolf's 62 EK
ek61

Post by ek61 »

just check with some of the locals out that way
got a mate who lives out there they do inspections once a month at willunga cop shop
could be a lot easier if u go there
if it already has rego it could be as easy as a engine id check
"THE JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A BROKEN FAN BELT AND A FLAT TYRE"
***just cruise***
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Engineers are for driving steam trains anyway :lol:

Gotta love SA :mrgreen:
Mick

Post by Mick »

god i hate to sound like an old man :oops: illegaly modified cars (unengineered) or modifications not listed on papers, yor wasting yor money paying any insurance money cause if you have an accident yor insurance will be wiped if the insurers find out :(

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

If the police confirm the change of engine, its legal :D
and paper is for wiping your ass :wink:
Each state still has its own rules :D
Old man :P

Seriously though Mick, to change from grey to red, there is a set of guidelines to follow.
If you follow the guidlines, you dont need an engineer,
the conversion was engineered & approved back in the seventies.
They only check to see if you have followed the rules, and that the welds are good.

Cheers
Jeff
Mick

Post by Mick »

Thommo wrote:If the police confirm the change of engine, its legal :D

Seriously though Mick, to change from grey to red, there is a set of guidelines to follow.
If you follow the guidlines, you dont need an engineer,
the conversion was engineered & approved back in the seventies.
They only check to see if you have followed the rules, and that the welds are good.

Cheers
Jeff
that was what i meant as long as the change is noted :)

NSW used to have a system like that for common conversions, but then changed it back to the engineers report idea :x :roll: probly cause some twit that doesn't drive a car more than 5 years old and who's idea of fun and excitment is finding a new stamp decided that he needs to save us all by changing something that had nothing wrong with it in the first place :roll: :roll: :roll: f#%k i hate NSW nanny state more and more every day :evil:

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
ek61

Post by ek61 »

and as for insurance
i had my ek insured with shannons for 20k told them it was fuel injected 202 and not approved
they said thats ok we are not cops and would still honour the insurance if anything ever happened :D :D
"THE JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A BROKEN FAN BELT AND A FLAT TYRE"
***just cruise***
Mick

Post by Mick »

you trust an insurance Co :shock: they told me the oposite and it was only a disc brake front fitted they said if ANYTHING was done that needed engineering or notification and was not, the insurance would be wiped this was also shannons and they didn't change there tune when i said well then there's no point insuring it then, he then added it will wipe yor greenslip (NSW compulsory third party on rego) if they find out about the mods aswell :(

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Trev

Post by Trev »

Never trust insurance companies their first job is to sign you up and their second job is to do anything to prove that they don't have to pay out on a claim :twisted: , it happened to me :twisted: .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3