Auto tunnel and Carpet??????? Update

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Devilrod
State: VIC

Auto tunnel and Carpet??????? Update

Post by Devilrod »

OK guys I'm about to order my carpet and I have a dilema.

Has anyone used the Castlemaine Rod Shop Tunnel and if so what carpet did you use, as in not custom made. I have been told I should be able to use the standard EK auto carpet but am a little hesitant to buy it without knowing for sure.

Any help greatly appreciated...

Brett
Last edited by Devilrod on Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Sammy
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Sammy »

yeah i've heard the same thing and have the same tunnel in my FB Ute, but i haven't got that far yet so i can't say if its legit info or not.
Regards,

Sammy.

http://www.oldholdens.com
Nekro63

Post by Nekro63 »

It should be alright cause theres quite a bit too cut off at the sides. But I dunno how different the tunnels are in size...Are you going with black carpet????
earlyholdenfan

Post by earlyholdenfan »

Hi DR!
Spoke to the guys at CRS last year and they assured me if the tunnel hasnt been hacked too much putting it in the EK Auto carpets are a fit, that is what they made the original shape to match so you didnt need custom carpets
Hope that helps
Matt
Hoping everyone is finding my new Avatar less "Distracting" and of course it is not directed at anyone or anything either currently living or deceased, hopefully it may just be allowed to remain!
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

earlyholdenfan wrote:Hi DR!
Spoke to the guys at CRS last year and they assured me if the tunnel hasnt been hacked too much putting it in the EK Auto carpets are a fit, that is what they made the original shape to match so you didnt need custom carpets
Hope that helps
Matt
Yeah thats what I was told too. But sometimes things don't always fit as they should! I was hoping someone else had done this. The only other one fitted I know of they used custom made carpet....

Luke, going with red.... Black's to hard to keep clean and I think red will look better.
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

i also have this dilema but my car has a HQ tunnel fitted the guys at the carpet place (tru fit i think) told me to buy HQ front carpet and cut it down
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

I have asked around and the response has been to go with Knox Carpets apparently they are a better fit. Also after speaking to a few guys with FC's and one with a HQ tunnel the other a custom one the outcome is this. Don't get HQ as they don't fit well on the sides, best bet is to get EK auto carpet and loan of a heat gun and voila! Molded carpet. The FC with a custom tunnel is running EK auto carpet and it worked well. I'll let you know in the next couple of weeks once I've done it.
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Ok guys Knox Auto Carpets are the go! Picked up my carpet today and have trial fitted it in the car. With a little work with the heat gun I should have a fairly snug fitting carpet over the tunnel. The worst part is where the bracing usually is but I think I can get rid of some of that with the heat gun.

Long story short, EK Auto carpet fits over a Castlemaine Rod Shop Tunnel. I'll post pix once I have fitted them properly.... :D :D
fb cruzn

Post by fb cruzn »

thats a relief, like you and many others i hav a crs tunnel and was hoping the auto carpet would fit.

westy
mph
State: WA

Re: Auto tunnel and Carpet??????? Update

Post by mph »

What was the end result with the carpet fitting over the tunnel mate and more so the gap around where the tunnel brace would be on the oem auto ek , im looking for carpet at the moment and running the crs tunnel in the fb with no in cab rib on the tunnel.
FB-Special
Big block 161 :lol:
Holley sniper EFI.
Vintage air ducted heat and cool.
Ek auto column shift.
Lj diff and reverse lights.
WA FB~EK Car Club Member.
Trev

Post by Trev »

I've just ordered auto carpet from Knox, I told him about how many people were using the tunnel without the bracing and said he should delete it from the mould.
He wasn't keen at all.

Sent from my D5303 using Tapatalk
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

mph wrote:What was the end result with the carpet fitting over the tunnel mate and more so the gap around where the tunnel brace would be on the oem auto ek , im looking for carpet at the moment and running the crs tunnel in the fb with no in cab rib on the tunnel.
Realized I never posted a pic! Looked like this.

mph

Post by mph »

Thanks DR it looks like a pretty good fit in the pic.
Are your door trims factory red
did you get loop pile in dark red or usa red, or the Classic loop pile in dark red classic loop or red classic loop
im just having a look on the knox site atm at the 4 options
Cheers m8
FB-Special
Holley sniper EFI.
Ek auto column shift.
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Yep factory door trims and kick panels. With a little work with the heat gun the carpets fit well. I think I got classic loop pile. I do know it was USA red though.
mph

Post by mph »

im running factory red colour door trims and kick panels same as yours (unless fb and ek red are different) and thought that shade of carpet you have suits. its good to be able to compare shades when the carpet, trim and kick panels in the same pic. its hard to get the right shade of carpet on webpages as they can vary so much just from screen settings and light on carpet when pics were taken.
The knox didnt have classic loop pile in usa red just loop pile in usa red so ill order that one im thinking.
Cheers DR
FB-Special
Holley sniper EFI.
Ek auto column shift.