Twin carb linkage

Need something for your daily driver or to finish off that project?

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Alexei
State: NOT ENTERED

Twin carb linkage

Post by Alexei »

Howdy all. I'm looking for a linkage setup to suit a grey motor twin stromberg manifold if anyone has one for sale.
Cheers Alex
Harv
State: NSW

Re: Twin carb linkage

Post by Harv »

G'day Alex,

There are a number of different twin carb manifolds, and the linkages to suit change a little (for example divorced or married linkages).

There is some good info here that may help you understand the differences:
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... 25&t=14756

It is often easiest to make your own linkage through the Redline supplied parts. It would be unusual to find someone selling a linkage set that was a perfect bolt-up fit for your manifold. There is some guidance in the above link on how to build your own.

The toughest bit will be getting the linkage to marry up to the bellcrank-type levers at the rear of the firewall. Many blokes choose to move to a cable setup, though even this needs pedal modifications.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Alexei
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Twin carb linkage

Post by Alexei »

Cheers Harv, that is fantastic information. That guide that is attached to the thread is very comprehensive and useful. I wasn't aware that I could use the W clip setup on later grey carbies. (I always assumed that they were only used on the red motor setup). I'll start searching around for some of the later carbies.

Thanks again