Bits needed for Grace's ute

Need something for your daily driver or to finish off that project?

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Harv
State: NSW

Bits needed for Grace's ute

Post by Harv »

Not in any rush, but looking to get hold of the following. Not particularly looking for mint-Nasco, more like well-worn and useable. Happy to pay a decent price and postage.

a) ute towbar. Note that sedan and wagon towbars do not fit.
b) ute jack and jack handle (if I understand correctly these are a squat jack, square drive, foldable long handle??).
c) vanity mirror (I know... gimme a break... its a ladies ute after all).

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
FATBOY
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Bits needed for Grace's ute

Post by FATBOY »

harv ive got a jack and handle give us a ring tomorrow
regards fatboy 0414712441
Harv

Post by Harv »

Jack and handle sorted (with thanks to fatboy).

Still need the towbar and mirror.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
DanFranko

Post by DanFranko »

Harv I am pretty sure I have a later wibroc one - chrome back not hammertone paint like the earlier ones. Mirror cracked but if you want it it's yours gratis.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Thanks Dan. The one I am thinking of clips to the sunvisor, similar to the attached file. Is this the type that you have?
EK Nasco 2.jpg
EK Nasco 2.jpg (104.1 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
Cheers,
Harv
Cocko750

Post by Cocko750 »

Harv wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 1:17 pm Not in any rush, but looking to get hold of the following. Not particularly looking for mint-Nasco, more like well-worn and useable. Happy to pay a decent price and postage.

a) ute towbar. Note that sedan and wagon towbars do not fit.
b) ute jack and jack handle (if I understand correctly these are a squat jack, square drive, foldable long handle??).
c) vanity mirror (I know... gimme a break... its a ladies ute after all).

Cheers,
Harv
I should have a tow bar out at home will have to check if any good first, may not be there for a few weeks though
DanFranko

Post by DanFranko »

Mines a wibroc Harv - having said that so are all the nasco ones in the holden catalogue (same factory). I would think it's not period correct and probably 1968ish. But pop a mirror in and polish it up and she will be great.

I have the correct nasco one in the EJ and I just sold my spare a few months back. If you can get a nasco one (most are unstamped too btw - add a premium if the nasco logo is there) it'll run you at least $150 on the bay.

Harv

Post by Harv »

Cocko750 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 9:07 pmI should have a tow bar out at home will have to check if any good first, may not be there for a few weeks though
Thanks Cocko – appreciated. Please let me know how you go.
DanFranko wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 9:16 pmMines a wibroc Harv - having said that so are all the nasco ones in the holden catalogue (same factory). I would think it's not period correct and probably 1968ish. But pop a mirror in and polish it up and she will be great.
Thanks Dan. Yep, that’s the type I am after. I’ll shoot you a PM.

Cheers, and thanks,
Harv
oz_ek
State: VIC

Post by oz_ek »

Harv, If you can't find a ute towbar closer to you, I can take a look at 'Early Holden Spares' if you like?.....He's not too far from me and has an extensive range of early bars.
Early-Holden-towbars-FX-FJ-FE-FC-FB.jpg
Early-Holden-towbars-FX-FJ-FE-FC-FB.jpg (36.49 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
Harv

Post by Harv »

Towbar, jack and vanity mirror all now sourced. Many thanks guys.

Cheers,
Harv