wiper arms

Need something for your daily driver or to finish off that project?

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

gazza
State: VIC

wiper arms

Post by gazza »

Hi all are the wiper arms on fb ek the same as the ones on fe fc (the arms on the out side)if they are i am after a pair if some one can help.They will be modified to suit my fj holden.I have asked the guys on the fe fc forum but nothing as yet.cheers Gazza.
Harv
State: NSW

Re: wiper arms

Post by Harv »

According to the MasterParts catalogue, FB is different to EK. They are both different to FE/FC, and again different to FX/FJ. Not too sure what the differences are though... I've definitely used EK on my FB before.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
gazza

Post by gazza »

Hi harv and all.I whant to use the fj pivot and wiper arm.I want to seperate where the arms are pop riverted and mate the fj arm to fe-ek arms if that makes sence.The fe- ek arms where the riverts go thro will have to be shorten.cheers Gazza
BILLY BLACKARROW

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

Harv
Thats very interesting to find out that FB is different to EK what is the difference as i have a few sets but don't know which ones are FB , do you have photos or can you tell me which is which.
gazza I may have some if i find out which ones i need
BILLY :arrow:
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
artyfartymarty
State: WA

Post by artyfartymarty »

gazza wrote:Hi all are the wiper arms on fb ek the same as the ones on fe fc (the arms on the out side)if they are i am after a pair if some one can help.They will be modified to suit my fj holden.I have asked the guys on the fe fc forum but nothing as yet.cheers Gazza.
Rare spares have reproduction FJ ext wiper arms $135 for the pair... ready to install new, you don't need to butcher up FB or EK wipers or spend hours trying to piece it all back together.
Wish they had repro FB wipers.
FB EK Club WA
Don't follow me, I'm lost too
Les
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Les »

artyfartymarty wrote:
gazza wrote:Hi all are the wiper arms on fb ek the same as the ones on fe fc (the arms on the out side)if they are i am after a pair if some one can help.They will be modified to suit my fj holden.I have asked the guys on the fe fc forum but nothing as yet.cheers Gazza.
Rare spares have reproduction FJ ext wiper arms $135 for the pair... ready to install new, you don't need to butcher up FB or EK wipers or spend hours trying to piece it all back together.
Wish they had repro FB wipers.
All wiper arms and blades from FX to HZ are being sourced but it takes time especially finding the correct samples to copy.
If you have any part enquiries or problems that cannot be solved by going to http://www.rarespares.net.au please contact me at lmcveigh@rarespares.net.au
gazza

Post by gazza »

G'day all.The reason i wanted fe-ek wiper arms is so that i can go into repco or auto barn and i can buy the refill cut it to size and fit it.This way i don't have to buy the whole blade.that is why i want to use the fe-ek section and put it on the fj wiper arm.thanks gazza
collecta
State: SA

Post by collecta »

Hi Gazza have you found some yet? I can help you out if not.
cheers
Scott
gazza

Post by gazza »

G'day all. I have not found any wiper arms as yet.Thanks Gazza.
collecta

Post by collecta »

PM sent
collecta

Post by collecta »

Getting back to differences between the wiper arms, the EK arms seem to be a little bit longer than the FB arms. The cast spline section are the same side by side, but the length from the two rivets to the wiper blade are longer.

cheers
Scott
fb3800

Post by fb3800 »

Is anyone able to tell me what splines the wiper arms are on fx fj. Im trying to find some suitable arms for a cable driven remote wiper kit but the company that sell no longer deals in oz. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Adrian
Harv

Post by Harv »

Truvision sell wiper arms - they may be able to help out:
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... on#p217062

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
fb3800

Post by fb3800 »

Thanks for that harv will check them out