EK wagon information

Post original documentation here

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Davehume
State: WA

EK wagon information

Post by Davehume »

I have acquired an EK wagon and although in a zillion pieces appears complete.
I'm an original nutter, and hence want to get it right.
Could some kind person either direct me to a spot where the numbers are deciphered or indeed able to undertake such a venture themselves.
The numbers are...

EK 229-3332-A
Trim 741-1051
Paint 585-9931
Top 585- 0246

Subframe stamp 6633P
Engine number B-304664

Obviously an EK special wagon(229)
Paint I believe is Lacquer.....now I get either Argosy Turquoise or Twilight Turquoise and snow crest white...(if anyone can suggest the correct name modern number so it can be replicated)

The car was built in Adelaide (A) and assembled in Perth(P) and sold by City Motors(stencil under bonnet) I'd love to know whether it's the original motor, (the number seems to suggest so) and if anyone has a place where rego numbers can be referenced as it has "U" plates which were certainly early 1960's so may well be original.

Any help sincerely appreciated.

Dave.
Blacky

Re: EK wagon information

Post by Blacky »

Welcome to the forum Dave , good luck with your project - would like to see some photos of your FJ as well please 8)

Have a look here for paint colours and years - http://autocolourcards.com/gmh-holden.html

I am not sure on the trim codes but someone will be able to help out , there are some very knowledgeable people on this forum :D
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Davehume

Re: EK wagon information

Post by Davehume »

Thanks, that's perfect.
FxX not FJ a 1953 One that has th 'feather glide ' suspension will post pic.....when I figure out how.