Grey engine number location

Post original documentation here

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Errol62
State: SA

Grey engine number location

Post by Errol62 »

Hi all
I have three grey motors here and can't seem to work out where the block numbers are. The original donk from my EK10686A 215-928A is long gone replaced by a succession of 7 bearing units. The old rego papers state engine #B271959. The greys I have have cast in numbers under the coil commencing with a 7.........ImageImageImage

If these are the block numbers then th one on the papers seems bogus.

I am sure someone out there can help.

Cheers
Clay
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Cocko750
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Grey engine number location

Post by Cocko750 »

Eng no. Will be stamped into block I think drivers side around or above dipstick hole on a flat area use a scraper and clean off to see the number if it's covered in caked up oil like mine were
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Cheers Cocko
I have L316231 from an Adelaide EK Panelvan which I am collecting on Saturday, L435967 in FB2598S 215-178-S, and B185973 believed to come from an EK.

I will probably need to part company with these at some time so let me know if anyone is interested.

Cheers
Clay
EK van on rotisserie
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Although the last one has a vacuum pump a la FB so who knows.
EK van on rotisserie
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Errol62 wrote:Cheers Cocko
I have L316231 from an Adelaide EK Panelvan which I am collecting on Saturday, L435967 in FB2598S 215-178-S, and B185973 believed to come from an EK.

I will probably need to part company with these at some time so let me know if anyone is interested.

Cheers
Clay
G'day Clay,

L316231 has come out an FE Holden, as has L435967 (though the latter was very late in the FE run). B185973 is from an EK.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Thanks Harv
Looks like there has been a fair amount of musical engine bays being played to keep things mobile back in the day. It is interesting that none of these are in their original cars.

I'm starting to come around to the idea of grey power for originality but the transmission options don't impress me. Wish I didn't sell that twin carb manifold and extractors back on the early nineties. I originally bought them for my wife's FC but never got around to getting the carbs and linkages etc. The FC went pretty well in stock form with VH44 and lowered front. But then it seemed lighter than the EK and I had already gone the boy racer 192 aussie4 route.

Sorry, enough dribbling.
Cheers
Clay
EK van on rotisserie