August Run on Sunday the 24th to Wandin in the Yarra Valley

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in Victoria.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, VIC Mod

Sarah
State: VIC

August Run on Sunday the 24th to Wandin in the Yarra Valley

Post by Sarah »

August Run on Sunday the 24th to Mont De Lancey Historical Home and Museum, Wandin in the Yarra Valley.

We will be taking a trip back in time with a 2hr guided tour of some of Wandin's earliest brick homesteads and gardens that have been fully restored. The tour will include St Mary's Chapel, the homestead and 1800's slab kitchen, blacksmiths and machinery shed which will portray an authentic recreation of pioneer life in the Yarra Valley. There will be an art show on exhibition within the grounds also.

The guided tour is booked for 11am and will cost $8 each (paid on the day to the tour guide). Please be aware that alcohol is strictly not allowed to be brought to the site, but can be purchased from the restaurant. Parking available on site. Mont De Lancey is located at 71 Wellington Rd, Wandin.

We will be meeting prior at a cafe down the road by the name of Humming Bird Dutch Cakes at Shop 4, 926 Mount Dandenong Tourist Rd, Montrose, departing at 10.30am to be at Mont De Lancey in time for the tour. Please meet prior if you would like breakfast or coffee they have a full breakfast menu available.

After the tour for those who would like to continue on for lunch at a local pub, I will be gauging interest at the next meeting so I can book a table for us. Otherwise those who would like to stay at Mont De Lancey can BYO lunch and sit in their gardens or utilise their BBQ's at a fee of $10.

More info at http://www.montdelancey.org.au/index.php

Please contact me if you would like to attend but will not be able to attend the next meeting on 0403 381 840. Sorry about the short notice, Anyone welcome!

Thanks
Sarah
rosco

Re: August Run on Sunday the 24th to Wandin in the Yarra Val

Post by rosco »

Thanks Sarah - this one is very close to where we live - I do hope to meet up at 10:30, an awful lot on this Sunday - so might not make the tour... too early to call yet... see how I go through the week...

Won't be at the meeting tomorrow night.
Please send apologies.

frats,
Rosco
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Thanks Rosco looking forward to seeing you even if its just at the cafe.
kel3629

Post by kel3629 »

Hi Sarah

My wife and I would like to come on your run on Sunday.

We are based in Shepparton but will be staying in Alexandra on Saturday night and would come straight from there to Wandin if that's OK

Unfortunately, my FB is still work in progress so we will be travelling in my EH (it's still a Holden :) )

Thanks

Kelvin
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hey Kelvin your more than welcome to come along. See you at Wandin, any problems my number is attached with all the details of where to go in the first post.
See you then, Sarah
rosco

Post by rosco »

Ok - with a club run in my backyard (almost) - how could I resist not turning up to meet the cruise....?

Our lovely outer eastern suburbs/fringe semi-rural countryside turned on a lovely display of bright sunshine for those trekking out from the city.

After such a protracted venture, some partook of a much needed coffee and late breakfast before heading off from the Hummingbird Dutch Bakery and onto Mont De Lancey historical farm....

The pix below reveal an opportunity to tail-in park in a close group...

Also, note "cloud 9" in the backdrop - atop Mt. Dandenong.... a well known and very opportune location to view the sprawl of the Melbourne metropolis from high above.

Previously, and for many, many years - the antenna visible atop the mountain was the GTV channel 9 broadcast tower... now not used for TV since the inception of UHF and now digital transmissions - this was the tower from which broadcasts such as Graham Kennedy's IMT and many other famous channel 9 programs would have "beamed" out over suburbia and beyond...

Only two weeks back, there was snow up on this local mountain.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff17 ... 02dfcc.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff17 ... 52f83f.jpg

Thank you to all who made the trip out east... and to those I met for the first time...

frats,
Rosco
reidy

Post by reidy »

Thanks for the words and pix Rosco. Very enjoyable day with great friends and nice to meet Shirley and Kelvin from Shepparton in their Beautiful EH sedan.
Bill 8)
kel3629

Post by kel3629 »

Thanks to everyone for a great day out. Shirley & I really enjoyed it
Hopefully my FB will be on the road within the next few months and well can enjoy your hospitality again
Kel
igor
State: SA

Post by igor »

Well done folk. Sounds like a great time had by all, sorry we could not make this one. We are at this stage aiming at the October run to Winchelsea, fingers crossed :wink:
cheers
Lesley