SLR torana

Includes wiring and battery, generating system, starting system,
ignition system, windscreen wipers, lighting system and instruments and gauges.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

BILLY BLACKARROW
State: NSW

SLR torana

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

Can someone help with the wire colour's for the SLR Torana column I have put Torana column in my fb, I have done away with the ignition switch so don't need those just the left & right flasher & horn colour's I think? .
Also the Fuel sender, dose it have two wire's one being an earth.
BILLY :arrow:
Last edited by BILLY BLACKARROW on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
Harv

Re: SLR torrana

Post by Harv »

Same setup as mine Billy. You use everything on the column except the dark green and yellow wires.

Not sure on the gauge, but looks like separate wires.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
BILLY BLACKARROW

Re: SLR torana

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

Harv
Why wouldn't you use the dark green and the yellow as I see it they go to the rear flashers / just asking as I don't wont to burn it to the ground at this stage.
BILLY :arrow:
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
Harv

Re: SLR torana

Post by Harv »

G'day Billy,

Apologies - I wired mine 15 years ago, and made a great wiring diagram. It then got a bath in rainwater, and is now illegible :oops: . My harness is packed up in a box and I would need to unpick it to see how I connected it to the Torana wiring (I can do that if needs be, but it will take time).

There are six wires coming out of the column in a flat ribbon:
a) yellow - I didn't use.
b) light green - I didn't use.
c) purple - used as power ex flasher can
d) dark green - I didn't use.
e) blue - used as rh turn signal
f) light blue - used as lh turn signal
g) black - used as earth.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.