Ek ute master cylinder

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Mick1975
State: NOT ENTERED

Ek ute master cylinder

Post by Mick1975 »

Hi there , about to upgrade my brakes with HR disks on the front and an LJ drum axle assy on the rear . I am trying to work out the best master cylinder with minimal mods . I want to retain the clutch master cylinder position so it will have to be a direct fit. Would be great to hear your thoughts and suggestions.
Mick1975
State: NOT ENTERED

Ek ute master cylinder

Post by Mick1975 »

My apologies for the typo' s I suffer from FFS ( fat finger syndrome )
Errol62
State: SA

Ek ute master cylinder

Post by Errol62 »

Easiest fit probably to use standard single circuit disc brake master cylinder into vh40 booster then back to stock Union on the y frame leg. Then change rear shoes and cylinders to HR disc compatible there are two different shoe widths. I think the narrower sedan / wagon shoes will fit torana but check.

If your rear cylinders and shoes are good and you are thinking of making up new lines you could go hk - HQ twin circuit drum brake master cylinder. Remove the non return valve from the front brake circuit and run through booster to front calipers. Rear circuit is plumbed direct to rear axle. The only mod being a longer line from the master cylinder direct to rear axle, bypassing the stock union.

Just my opinion. Brakes should be set up by someone who knows what they are doing.

Power Brakes at Norwood SA are pretty helpful.
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Ek ute master cylinder

Post by Blacky »

Mick1975 wrote:My apologies for the typo' s I suffer from FFS ( fat finger syndrome )
Fixed it for ya :wink:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.