Can you buy brake kits ?

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

pauly
State: NSW

Can you buy brake kits ?

Post by pauly »

Ok, stupid question here,
I have a fairly severe leak in the front passenger side brake on my wagon( drum brakes all around ), can i buy complete brake kits for all four corners or do i have buy individual parts ?

I know very little about drum brakes so i will take the wagon to anbrake place but i was thinking it might save some time if i can buy replacement brake units.
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Can you buy brake kits ?

Post by Blacky »

have you pulled the drum off and had a look ? It might just need a wheel cylinder ....
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
pauly

Post by pauly »

Thats the plan tommorow mate, i priced a new cylinder today. I will see tommorow.
FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

Rare spares have most of the brake parts new - not sure of the quality but would think they would be ok at around 95$ a cylinder - a bit less if your a member
are they ok? Anyone running them?
You will find me lost somewhere!
pauly

Post by pauly »

Repco can get new ones for 110 dollars
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Hi
Try Power Brakes in Sth Aust, they have stainless steel sleeved wheel cylinders for $84 each. The post anywhere and have always provided a good service when I have used them. I have no affiliation with them.

Regards
Stephen

http://www.powerbrakes.com.au
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

They sorted my HR disc conversion back in 1984. The front end I had sling under the 62 standard sedan had the calipers swapped and therefore the bleed screws were at the bottom of the chambers leaving air trapped and bleeding g fruitless.

The guy I dealt with had an FB wagon from memory and was very helpful. I bought a brand new vh44 booster from them for s good price more recently.

Always been good to deal with.
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
pauly

Post by pauly »

I got the brakes sorted out, just a buggered cylinder.
A question I do have though is every shop i contacted could get the cylinder in no worries but none of them supplied the end caps with them. I emailed rare spare regarding this and they replied that they dont sell them. Is it just me or does it seem weird that they dont sell the whole unit.