Crashbox selector queries

Includes clutch, transmission, propeller shaft,
universal joints, differential and rear axle.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Lex68
State: QLD

Crashbox selector queries

Post by Lex68 »

GDay FBEKers

OK...I've put my selector and shift rods on and set the gearshift lever, I'm using the gearbox enthusiast guide (bottom of page 30 images)to confirm shift and control lever positions on the gearbox in relation to gearshift postion on the steering coloumn.

I got under the car and whilst looking at the gearshift lever on the honeypot through the floor, I confirmed, starting from the gearshift nuetral postion (between 2nd and 3rd) the gearshift lever positions as I went through the gears using the control and shift levers on the gearbox.

Changing gears with the gearshift from 1st, through nuetral to Reverse and back again seems fine as you can feel it move in an out of gear, however when changing gears from 2nd to 3rd the lever seems to stop it should travel into 3rd. I got under the car and moved the shift lever by hand from 2nd to 3rd gear and found if you applied pressure onto the shift lever it would continue into 3rd gear? (see pic)

The only thing I have done to the gearbox is remove selector and shaft assy to replace the two seals for the levers. The box came with the project attached to the engine

Two questions;

Are my lever postions ok? becuase they dont macth the ones in the guide on page 30. (see my pics for 1st/Rev and 2nd/3rd postions)

What needs to done to fix the 2nd to 3rd shift lever not going into gear properly?

Thanks in advance for replies!

Beers n Cheers

Lex
Attachments
IMG_6357.JPG
IMG_6357.JPG (34.71 KiB) Viewed 788 times
IMG_6356.JPG
IMG_6356.JPG (33.43 KiB) Viewed 788 times
IMG_6358.JPG
IMG_6358.JPG (31.67 KiB) Viewed 788 times
IMG_6355.JPG
IMG_6355.JPG (37.14 KiB) Viewed 788 times
Lex68

Re: Crashbox selector queries

Post by Lex68 »

..... to clarify, the shift lever not going into 3rd from 2nd is more intermittent rather than not at all.

Thanks
Lex68

Re: Crashbox selector queries

Post by Lex68 »