Hydramatic Filter

Includes clutch, transmission, propeller shaft,
universal joints, differential and rear axle.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

paperboy
State: ACT

Hydramatic Filter

Post by paperboy »

Where do people buy their hydramatic replacement filters from for the transmission? I have the pan gasket, but can't seem to be able to find any filters on the Internet. I need to change the pan gasket as its leaking and thought I should change the filter while I'm at it. Can the filter be cleaned and reused if I can't find one?
Thank you
Geoff
Harv
State: NSW

Re: Hydramatic Filter

Post by Harv »

G'day Geoff,

You're posting is timely... I'm just in the process fo finding some myself (a gift for the old boy to coerce him into getting his EH Prem back onto the road :mrgreen: ).

The hydramatic filters are a pain in the bum to get hold of. Sometimes your local transmission shop can get them in without charging an arm and a leg... which is what it costs if you go to somewhere like Repco.

There are a couple of US mobs that are selling them - they are marketed as for the "Roto 5" or RHM240 transmission, and several of the sellers are savvy enough to realise the Roto 5/RHM240 boxes were sold in Holdens:
http://www.autotran.us/rhmkits1.html
http://www.fatsco.net/roto-5.html

Fatsco is selling them on eBay. Whilst the price is good, the freight is a killer:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Oldsmobile-F ... 445wt_1362

I've got queries with both of the mobs above, and am planning on shipping over about ten filters. Happy to sell you one at whatever it costs me if you are interested (anyone else who wants some please put your hand up in a hurry so I can increase the order if needs be).

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
DanFranko
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by DanFranko »

Harv I would also like a filter and happy to split freight. Any interest in seals/gaskets too?
Harv

Post by Harv »

No drama DanFranko. I'm targeting just the filter change kits for now... one step at a time :D . I'll put you down for one.

Pricing looks like about $74 each, plus local postage.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
paperboy

Post by paperboy »

Hi Harv,
Sounds like a good deal to us, please put me down for one filter plus freight. Let me know how much it will cost all up.
Thank you so much for organising.

regards
Geoff
Harv

Post by Harv »

No drama.

a) One filter kit reserved for Dan (DanFranko).
b) One filter kit reserved for Geoff (paperboy).

Anyone else who wants one (for around $74 plus local postage) is welcome to put their hands up. The batch of ten has been paid for and should be leaving the US shortly.

Cheers,
Harv
rustysdungers

Post by rustysdungers »

Hi Harv did you get these filters and gasgets yet I'll take one as well if so cheers Rusty
Where were you in '62???
DanFranko

Post by DanFranko »

Awesome stuff Harv. Thanks for organising this! Let me know bank details and I will do a transfer for you cheers Dan
Harv

Post by Harv »

$200????????
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-HYDRAMAT ... 753wt_1362

Man, my $74 (for the exact same thing) is looking pretty good!

Cheers,
Harv
Harv

Post by Harv »

Righto, filters have arrived.

You get a filter, the sump gasket and two O-rings. I'll package them up for you in a cardboard box with bubblewrap.

Cost is $103... half the price of earlybitz :shock: . Pick your filter up from Greystanes and you can have them for $74. I'm not making a single red cent on these, nor do I want to.

a) One filter kit reserved for Dan (DanFranko).
b) One filter kit reserved for Geoff (paperboy).
c) One filter kit for Russel (Rusty).
PM sent gentlemen.

Two filters for Harv's Dad's EH Prem, and two for Harv's spare parts department. That leaves three spare, and I'll put a post in the For Sale section.

Cheers,
Harv
paperboy

Post by paperboy »

Thanks Harv,
I received my filter kit in the mail this morning, very happy, product looks good. Excellent job organising these from the USA, you've saved me heaps of money.
cheers
Geoff