307 into EK

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

SHREK72
State: NOT ENTERED

307 into EK

Post by SHREK72 »

Before I get to far into the conversion can someone answer the following questions for me please.

1. What outrigger do I need to fit to a HR disc brake front end for the 307 Chev?

2. What model torana steering rack will suit?

3. What diff should I use?? Just a normal commodore diff of 9 inch &*#@??

As always thanks for the help

Rodney
FB MAD

Post by FB MAD »

1. FE to EH outrigger.
2.LX,LH,UC for front mount rack and pinion steering. Ratbox has also done an LC,LJ Torana front mount one I believe??

Can use commodore for rear mount rack.VB to VH commondoor I believe??

3. Hmmmmmm............ so many choices to pick from??
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

I find using the outrigger already on the car works best, its a little bit of cutting but worth it in the end.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Mephious

Post by Mephious »

Gday rod,

Alot involved in converting to a V8. You need to consider firstly what sort of power you want from the V8. The more power, the more modifications and the more it will cost.

I used a CRS chev V8 HR front end in mine. You then need to consider the braking set-up you will use. He also sells front mounted torana racks. I found this easier as the V8 mounts were already in place and the bracketry existed for the front mount rack.

Rear mount rack from a commodore will require alot of modifications to the sump.

As for the diff I wouldnt mess around and just go straight to a 9inch. 28spline will suffice for a low powered V8, 31 spline for big horse power. Note if you go for a 31 spline billet axle, your wheel caps probably wont fit over them :wink:
[b] Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc. [/b]