327 into EK

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Malcolm
State: NOT ENTERED

327 into EK

Post by Malcolm »

He guys,

Can anyone tell me what, if any modifications have to be done to the firewall to fit a chev into the EK.

Also, extractors, will they fit down beside the motor without going through the subframes.

Also, front end, does it have to be a front mount rack setup.

As usual, any advice would be greatly appreciated..

Mal
Malcolm W.
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

i've seen them down the side of the motor, grima's EK (EKI-327) has them seen them on others aswell, don't know how you'de go with rear mount extractors though
Trev

Post by Trev »

I would think the extractors would have to be custom made to fit down the side, the only ones i've seen have been.
Sorry no info on the other stuff, Trev 8) .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
oldnek

Post by oldnek »

G'day Mal.

You can use the rearward exit cast corvette header, their a 3 bolt flange which makes it pretty easy to run the pipes to the rear.
Scallop the HR crossmember so you can get the motor down a little. (Engineers like you to do that anyway as a safety issue, in the event of a front ender)
Remove the inner subframe rail lips and reweld to stiffen, you will have to refab engine mounts to use the HK holden Chev Engine mounts.

The rest you can do pretty easy, as you have already done it.

Regards John
There's nothing as Sweet as a EK V8
Malcolm

327 into EK

Post by Malcolm »

Thanks for the info guys.

Much appreciated.

Mal
Malcolm W.
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Mal,
Have another look at my chevek post. I have the motor dummied in a few shots.
Extractors down the side are tight even worse with a rear mount rack.
Radiator to water pump can be tight, lip on the firewall drivers side needs to be removed behind the head.
As john said scollop the Xmember to sit the motor lower and creat a better center of gravity.
Whats wrong with the front mount rack?

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
Malcolm

327 into EK

Post by Malcolm »

Thanks Greg,

Nothing wrong with the front mount rack, just though if a rear mount rack fitted ok then I could just get a kit and do it my self.

The front mount rack in the yellow rocket is brilliant but not something I could do my self. The Rods Racks conversion used a torana rack and I think its shortened. This is something I don't know how to do, although I thought I may be able to copy off the one I already have if I knew how they do it.
Malcolm W.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

Mal, get a torana rack and pull it appart, you'll soon work it out, as far as the shaft goes you just lop one end off it and turn a new end onto it for the rack end to attach too, other than that its just a matter of getting a sleeve to go over the outer then cut and shut to the same length as what you removed from the shaft.

my understanding is that you want to get the shaft length the same as the distance between the two lower inner pivot pins on the crossmember so when the suspension moves up and down the rack and crossmember both pivots on the same vertical line ... if you can follow what im saying.

then i guess other than that its just a matter of making some mounting brackets but im sure you are capable of that :)
Regards,

Sammy.

http://www.oldholdens.com