V8 Engine bay pics!!!

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Bawag
State: QLD

V8 Engine bay pics!!!

Post by Bawag »

Hey Guys,

I need some inspiration and ideas for my FB i need to move the radiator forward and actually mount it with bolts and stuff not just gravity haha so post some pics if you can to give me some ideas. In the mean time i will be drilling and tapping all the bolts in the rad support and drivers side guard because someone thought it was a good idea to use stainless steel bolts with no anti-sieze :(

Cheers Ben
Errol62
State: SA

Re: V8 Engine bay pics!!!

Post by Errol62 »

Best of both worlds there Ben. FB with EK front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

There are some photos of my engine bay in this thread:
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... 3&start=75

I used a VL Commodore 6-cylinder automatic radiator - same core size as a VK Commodore 308, so should cool the 327. Had the radiator recored as it sat idle for a long time.

I took the standard radiator support brace, and cut about 15mm of recess into it (Dave then got handy with the welder and put a skin on the recess). I widened the frontal area by cutting back the two subframe radiator side flaps a bit. I used a 2' length of angle iron down the bottom, bolted to the subframe sides, as a bottom support. The two radiator bottom pins sit in holes in this support. The two radiator top support pins sit in angle iron brackets, bolted to the subframe.

I've got two of the smaller size Davies Craig thermos in front of the radiator, with no engine driven fan. Had to cut a little bit off the bonnet catch to get the fans to sit up so high.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Bawag
State: QLD

Post by Bawag »

Yeah it's a bit of a Frankenstein, thanks Harv I'll have a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk