Some help from the masterminds

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

ejspec63
State: QLD

Some help from the masterminds

Post by ejspec63 »

Hi All,

First post in a long time on here and after a little help. I just purchased an EJ special, all stock running the 138 and having a few issues with it running rough. Today I ran a compression test and come up with the following numbers -
From the front of the motor to the back
1 - 118
2 - 105
3 - 110
4 - 113
5 - 120
6 - 119

With the exception of 2 are these alright?

After pulling the plugs out on NUM 2 I've noticed some oil around the plug and its a it lower then the others. What would your thoughts be? Major issue.? Seems to be missin about here and there as well. Currently not on the road and haven't worked on it to much as yet. Any advice would be great

Cheers!

Nathan
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Some help from the masterminds

Post by Blacky »

Welcome to the forum mate , doesn't seem TOO bad - maybe a crook valve ? Has it been sitting a long time ?
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
ejspec63

Post by ejspec63 »

Cheers mate, I wasn't able to gain to much info on how long it was sitting for but was registered and on the road just before I bought it. I got it from a car yard believe it or not. So I wasn't able to talk to the owner before me. Was going to look at electronic ignition and a few other things give it a decent tune and see how it goes. Time is the hard part at the moment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ejspec63

Post by ejspec63 »

So I have had another tinker this Arvo and seen there was no wire on the Oil Pressure Sensor. Found it and put it on and its staying lit up :boringg:

New leads and plugs and tried to give it abit of a tune and is not running well at all. Oil light goes away for a split second with a rev but not all the way.

I'm assuming there's a problem somewhere there. Misfiring and not idling steady either. Can anyone recommend someone to take a look?

Ive done an engine swap here and there but not keen to pull the motor apart. If it needs work Id be keen to get quotes but its hard to know where to send it to.

Cheers