Harv's Howarth injection thread

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Harv
State: NSW

Re: Harv's Howarth injection thread

Post by Harv »

Thanks Holden6 - appreciated.

Interestingly, I got an email from a gentleman last week about those three injectors. Apparently the owner is on FaceBook, and is considering selling them. I've asked the gentleman to forward my details to the owner - happy to chat to him if he wants to know more about what he's got.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Harv
State: NSW

Re: Harv's Howarth injection thread

Post by Harv »

Ladies and gents,

As I suspected, this thread might get a little more grey motor injection content, rather than be purely related to the Howarth injection.

For my meth-monster project, I’m aiming to run Hilborn injection. I have been taking a look at fuel pumps, and most notably the Hilborn mechanical pumps. There is some sizing/capacity information available, but little literature that explains how they work, or how they are assembled.

The standard practice is to return the pumps to Hilborn for routine servicing. This is ideal for those chasing top-end performance, as Hilborn returns to the user a consistent (repeatable), high-end product at each service. I also have no hesitation in recommending Hilborn as a company – every dealing I have had with them has been outstanding.

However, for those chasing vintage speed it is not necessary to hunt down every poofteenth of horsepower. It is equally satisfying to be able to do some (if not all) of the overhaul work yourself. To this end, I've attached a document looking at some of the older Hilborn pumps. Should be of interest to anyone wanting to run one of the older BL series pumps on a grey motor (or any other motor for that matter). Lots of photos and some good tech data.

As a side project (yeah, I know... I'm easily distracted :oops: ) I've also got a set of Lucas timed fuel injection in pieces. At some stage I'll post my notes on them too... just waiting on some service parts so I can mount the Lucas onto my grey motor test-mule.

Cheers,
Harv
Attachments
Harv's Hilborn pump notes.pdf
(493.36 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.