Any suggestions on IFS ?

Includes shock absorbers, springs and steering linkages.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Lovelea
State: NSW

Any suggestions on IFS ?

Post by Lovelea »

I am trying to decide on a IFS kit for my build but am swamped with choice, any suggestions who to go with ..V6 Conversions, Southern chassis, Rod Tec, CRS ??? looking for quality but also value for money. Thanks in advance
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Any suggestions on IFS ?

Post by Blacky »

Southern Chassis and Rodtech seem to be the best on the market at the moment according to my research as I am also looking for one - I nearly ordered a SCW one a couple of weeks back but my Scottish heritage took over at the last minute and I am now playing around with a Mitsubishi L300 front end to see if I can do it on the cheap ..... :wink:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Lovelea

Post by Lovelea »

Thanks for that Blacky,
Other than price Is there a particular reason you would go with Southern chassis?
From what I can see it is a more 'complete' system?
Is there anyone running it that could give some constructive feedback?
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

I wanted one with a track width no wider than stock , plus power steering. I think Fingers on here has one in his project, maybe send him a PM or do a search in the build threads ???
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Lovelea

Post by Lovelea »

Well after lots of weighing up I have decided to go with V6 Conversions front end, I finally found an engineer who knows what a Fb/Ek conversion involves and highly recommended them. A heap of money to drop in one hit but I am hoping it will be worth it.
FATBOY
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by FATBOY »

Ive got a scw front end in my ute ive got a rodtech in my 32 &*#@ there of great quality i wouldnt use v6 conversions gear the quality i got with my fc ute was rubbish
regards fatboy
Clinker42
State: VIC

Post by Clinker42 »

Fatboy, how is the Rodtech front end going. Is it steering well and giving a good ride. Do you have an 8 or 6 in it. I'm going with the Rodtech with the BA brakes. The girls know what they are talking about and they look great, the front end that is.