Windscreen installer needed in Sydney

Includes sheet metal, rubbers, bumpers, badges and rust repairs.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Harv
State: NSW

Windscreen installer needed in Sydney

Post by Harv »

Getting closer to getting the glass into both the EK wagon and EK ute. Got my new Better Rubber windscreen rubber on, and the stainless in place. Fits a lot better than the Rares one. The old man gave me a hand to try to fit the front screen into the ute, but we could not get it in. Admitted defeat, and called for a windscreen fitter.

Got onto NRMA Glass, who were happy to take on the job. They asked the right questions (new rubber? stainless ready to go?) and seemed knowledgeable... not the first early Holden they have done. Booked them in for Tuesday morning, even had a good conversation about how I would need to leave for work mid-afternoon (no problem, we will be done by then, we'll start at 8am). Had them lined up to do the wagon front screen, the ute front screen and the ute rear screen. Even got a member's discount.

Got geared up this morning, shuffled the wagon, sedan and ute around so that they were under cover but clear enough to give the NRMA room to work. Not so easy with the wagon and ute missing glass, and rain coming in. Worked a minor miracle to get the kids to school and everything ready for the NRMA at 8am.

NRMA arrive at 9:30, and only one technician. Ominous.

"Ever done an early Holden screen?"
"Seen one done once, but it was a long time ago".

Crap.

NRMA technician looks at the job, shakes his head and gives up without starting. Not !@#$%^ happy.

Need a recommendation please for a windscreen fitter in Sydney (I'm out near Parramatta) who can reliably fit early Holden glass.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
EK283

Re: Windscreen installer needed in Sydney

Post by EK283 »

Harv,

Ace Windscreens at Blacktown seems to be a thriving business, maybe give them a call.

http://acewindscreens.com.au/

Never used them but the website looks good !

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

I have used "Windscreens on the move" ring Daryl - He did both my cars with no problems
Andrew Hunter put me onto him :)

0418 479 086
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Mick

Post by Mick »

WayneXG95 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:05 pm I have used "Windscreens on the move" ring Daryl - He did both my cars with no problems
Andrew Hunter put me onto him :)

0418 479 086
not to undermine Wayne as he has had no issues but i also used this guy and he did a shocking job it leaked worse than when me and a mate pulled the screen in as a temporary measure using no sealant also wasn't in propperly and all he said was that's as good as i can get it :thumbsdown:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Harv

Post by Harv »

Thanks gents - appreciated.

Have managed to locate a windscreen fitter via the FE/FC forum. He is now retired, though OK to do this job for me. He is a good bloke to work with, and owns old Holdens.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
The Yeti
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by The Yeti »

If that falls through I've used manny's mobile windscreens for a few old Holdens and he knows his stuff
Harv

Post by Harv »

Thanks Yeti - appreciated.

Cheers,
Harv